Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Band Flyer: Whaddya Think??

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Donkeybass, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Donkeybass

Donkeybass

May 13, 2003
    Odessa, TX
    Hey, I made this myself with a picture of the drummer's girlfriend.

Follow the link.

2. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Looks pretty good. The main thing is that it has all the details. Pics are cool too, but the details are key. Here's ours with no details, just the pic.
    [​IMG]

3. Donkeybass

Donkeybass

May 13, 2003
    Odessa, TX
    See, that looks sweet too. I like the color. I am doing black and white because we estimated that it would cost tons to do it color

4. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    It looks good. You may want to get a booking name and number, and a number to the place it's at

5. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Two hooves up! :D :D :D

6. Donkeybass

Donkeybass

May 13, 2003
    Odessa, TX
    Its about time someone other than myself respects the power of the donkey!!!

7. where do you guys get those things printed?

8. Donkeybass

Donkeybass

May 13, 2003
    Odessa, TX
    black and white ones are real easy at someplace like kinko's. you pay around 3 or 4 dollars to have them print out a super high resolution master copy off a disk, and then you can run as many regular copys of it you want to. the trick is to get that really high quality master print off one of their intense laser printers. Because a good copy machine will copy anything pixel for pixel real cheap.

RT

9. nice work! *appluads*

What program did you use?

10. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    We just used PhotoShop for ours.

11. Donkeybass

Donkeybass

May 13, 2003
    Odessa, TX
    I used Photoshop elements (watered down cheaper version) for the picture and text effects, and I just scanned a napkin that I had written the name of the band on for the logo.

Edit: I should note that Photoshop Elements is only about 50-65 bucks compared to the big Photoshop (400?). And it has basically all of the useful stuff that the big photoshop does. ITs worth checking out.

RT

12. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    They're both decent flyers, I think... although I think the info box for the Sideshow poster is a wee bit on the small side. People normally don't stop to read posters, so I think it's important to make sure they can get all the relevant info at a glance, if possible. Donkeybass, this is just a nitpick, but it might be a good idea to change the fonts you've used to ones that are a little easier to read. Just a suggestion. ;)

The best posters I've seen around here have been the Bandwagon ones (regular readers of the NME will know what I'm talking about). They're printed on glossy green, blue or red paper with the writing easy to read in white. The band names take up the vast majority of the poster, with "BANDWAGON PRESENTS" at the top, and the info below. They're recoginisable, simple, easy on the eye, and they look pretty professional despite the simplicity. Maybe I should try to get a picture.

13. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    I know what you mean, but we print them up pretty big so it's real easy to read. We're actually thinking of changing it to make it a little more eyecatching. Not sure what we're going to do just yet though.