Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Band Good Luck Charms

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by iriegnome, Nov 4, 2005.

1. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    OK, heres the scoop. My band has been together for almost 6 years now. One guitarist and one drummer have been together in a band for 10 years. About 10 years ago they started using a couple of rugs at every show. They had become a tradition. We have played only 1 show without them and it was a disaster and we vowed never to play without them. Last Saturday, someone took them while we were finishing up and we are pretty pissed :mad: :spit: . Does anyone else have "Band Good Luck Charms"?

2. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA
    they're magically delicious!

[​IMG]

sorry..couldn't resist :)

3. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    My band in high school had a motorized monkey that banged his cymbals together. He was bungeed to the kick drum.

4. Koushaku

Koushaku The artist never sleeps, only dreams

Mar 10, 2005
    Albany, NY
    It's not a charm, but my bandmates and I have got into the habit of putting our fists together in a circle and shouting, "Go go power rangers!"

I don't know why, it just seems like the right thing to say.

5. I think if we were to have a good luck charm, it'd be this action figure I recently got and put on my amp. The shows we've had with him sitting on my amp have been amazing(like last night, that was one amazing gig).

6. for the first few shows my band played I always wore a blue dickies workshirt, everyone else in the band wants have us all dress up in matching sutes and have the singer wear the opposite colors as use. I think its stupid, anyone else think so to?

7. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I do have my own personal good luck piece. I have a stuffed Giraffe that I have had since I was on the road with a country band. I was traveling 5 days a week and I picked up this little stuffed giraffe for my kids. My son gave it back to me and told me to keep it to remind me of them. I have had that giraffe with me for 5 years now. Never missed a show with out it. It is for my kids.