Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Band in a Box version 11

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by frederic b. hodshon, Dec 23, 2001.

1. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    wow....this is one GREAT program for learning!!!

sooooooo many styles....lovin' it!

GET IT!!!!

fred

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Yup!

The Roland Virtual Sound Canvas is a great improvement for midi sound.

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    yeah band in a box is what a lot music students at the university I attend use.. Its on all the computers in the midi lab.. good program. :).

4. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    What is it?

5. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Here's a link:
    http://www.pgmusic.com/
    I have version 10, and have lot's of fun with it. I think it's great for learning or just messing around.

6. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    For someone who loves to play along, this is heaven. What's more, all the chords are there that you can follow. I am going to somehow get the mega version with the 29 styles plus the 8 extras (expires 12/31/01). This has got to be great for those in between bands.

7. bcarll

bcarll

Oct 16, 2001
    I downloaded the demo version and it sure is an impressive piece of software. The demo alone is great to play along to with at least 50 songs in every style of music you could think of. A must for us bass players! Can you print out the music (notes) in the Bass cleff to learn the bass parts by notation? It appears that you can do that. One more thing -- Where's the best price for this software?

Bcarll

8. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
  9. frederic b. hodshon

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    wow!!!

those files are stunning Yvon!!!

thanks a million!!!!

fred

10. frederic b. hodshon

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    just figured out how to print the bass lines AND the melody in bass clef!!!

plus, the bass lines are randomly generated, so each time you load the tune you'll get a different bass line.

the melodist and soloist functions are pretty damned cool too!!!!

really amazing piecce of software.

i've picked a bunch of Yvon's FAKE BOOK files, printed out 3 bass lines and the melody in bass clef for each song.

GREAT WORKOUT!!!!

te jazz font is gorgeous too....looks like a clean page out of the real book!!!

lovin' it!!!

that and my new sans amp bass driver DI!!!

fred

11. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    Wish I had a MIDI Card.:(

12. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Just got my full version. This will give me hours of practice time since I love to play along with just about anything. This is a rich program (an understatement!!). Also got the Roland Sound Canvas. Even better than Soundblaster Live.

13. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    SlowBlast also came with BIAB. This allows you to record a tricky portion of a song and replay it slower without pitch change. For those of us who have to learn bass parts without the benefit of music, this is a godsend!

14. I'm amazed by this program. What a great practice tool, especially for bass players. The walking bass lines are for the most part, excellent. I'm working on The Flintstone Theme - which is keeping me busy!

Fred, thanks again for the standards!

Jeff

15. frederic b. hodshon

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    jeff,

yes, i'm still lovin' it too.

thank YVON for the standards!

f

16. Does anyone know if there is a similar program to this that is cheaper? I'm afraid that I can't afford the $199 AUD asking price. :(

17. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    You can get the pro version for $88 and still benefit. It's rich. I got that and one style set. Up to 1/14 you also get Style 27 for "free" and the Roland Sound Canvas software. I looked at all the styles and many I did not care for. So you're talking $88 to $120.

18. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    I don't know what $88 is in Australian money!