Band in Need

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by mistermunky69, Jan 18, 2003.

1. I am in a band, eminance from massachusettes.
    We just recorded our first cd for $600. we all have profesionall equipment and we are popular around town, but still we have yet to play a single show. Its quite pathetic. our problems range from not having any connections what so ever, to getting screwed out of shows that we were supposed to play. can anyone give me some advise on how to get out there, beyond our high school?
  2. Arrrrrgh

May 8, 2002
    Maybe you should rent a hall and try and put on your own show. You have invested money in your CD, you can invest it in putting on your own show and having a CD release party.

Hopefully it wont cost too much to do.

You can make admission include one of your CD's

From my experience, you have to call, call, call to ever get any giggs when you are a new band. I have been on probably 10 different bands, and I have always been able to get gigs. Its all about persistance. Keep hammering them and eventually you will get gigs.

Good Luck !!
  3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    My old band, used to have the same problem.
    what helped us out is OTHER LOCAL BANDS. get to KNOW THESE GUYS. they will do alot for you, without even knowing it. if you hang out with them, you got them as contacts, AND, you get their contacts, if your lucky.
  4. thanx guys ,, i apreciate the help. were going to be renting out a vfw hall soon. thats a good idea to give out the cd wih admission. Im goin to send some copys of it to clubs, and maybe we can get with the program,:D
  5. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    You could consider spelling your name correctly...
  6. hey man, i checked out your site, and am listening to 'none remain standing'
    i reckon its bloody good, drummer likes his kick drums, but thats good.

ha, just heard the guy say stuff in the growly voice!
    keep up the good work, good luck with the shows.
  7. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I've personally yet to see renting out a hall to pull many people, unless the band is already popular locally.

Best bets, IMO, are:

- Put together a professional promo pack and get it to all of your local venues.

- Get to know other local bands, and "sit in" for a song or two at several of their shows, so that the bar management can hear you and consider you for gigs.

- Get with a local booking agent, at least to get started.
  8. JustSoYouKnow

Aug 30, 2002
    yeh your song sounds well cool!!! to me its much better than like 75% of the bands that are around right now. if you ask me you should be really big!!! but i guess things don't always happen like that :(
  9. You haven't played a gig and you're already popular around town?!? Sounds like you could give US some advice...! How'd you do that? Just passing out CD's? Hopefully my band will put together our demo soon...