Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Band logo thingy

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by ADbassman, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Hey guys, I just designed a logo/sticker image for my band and just wanted to get some feedback on it. What do y'all think?

Attached Files:

nixdad likes this.
  2. I like it, it looks really slick. Did you hand-draw the name on there?

3. it kinda looks like you just added part of the word and the est 2004 to a premade one or somthing, the green behind them and the font itself in a lil differnet ie "ark" in park

4. [​IMG]

haha look what i found guy

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'd say it's one heck of a photoshop! I do like it though. :)

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I like it. Send me a 1" button please ;)

7. Ha, you're right on the money silent method. Hope that isn't in breach of trade mark or anything, but I'd hope by now its atleast public domain. Not like I'm balantly stealing thier logo.

You're right, it is added on, but it looks a lot better than what it was. I've already darkened it a bit, I might go back and do some more, but I like the way it looks thus far. Any comments are apprecaited, even critism. Thanks guys.

8. i haven't used PS in a while, but can you take the "ity" text as a layer on its own and gritty-ise it? The rest of it looks really good, but upon further inspection the ity looks new and shiny.

9. I agree with Indi on that it needs to look alittle rougher, other wise it's not bad, what kind of music do you play... I think that that will greatly influence some peoples opinions.. Not bad, but I think you could do better, no offense.. :meh:

10. Agreed. It could use a little bit more grit, I'll have to see if I still have that layer on file. We play mostly just regular rock, really not much better I can use to describe it. I was just looking for a cool idea for a logo/sticker thingy and thats what I came up with.

11. I think one thing that is definately important is something which will be able to be instantly recognized as your band. Something that works with the bands style, and something you don't mind using for a long time... I know that for me I plan to use my own art for CD covers, logo's etc, so that makes it easy for me... :D :bassist:

12. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I would have to say it's pretty hep.

13. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    I think that looks pretty cool. It's been said already, but if you make the "ity" look a bit more aged that'd be perfect.

Good work.

14. That's a pretty decent photochop. i bet if you set the "ity" to somewhere between 80 an 95% opacity (i'd guess about 90, but experiment) and blurred it just a little (it's sharper than everything else if you look closely) it would look about right. That's is, of course, assuming that you have it on a separate layer. Otherwise, make a selection around it, play with hue/saturation to match color, and do some blurring (just a tiny bit remember.)

15. I like it. :cool:

:smug:

16. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Awesome, nice job.

17. Thanks for your input everybody. I will work on the "ark" and "ity" a bit to see if I can grain them up a bit more. I always thoughts they kinda stood out a bit too. I'm hoping to use this design for some stickers to throw at a crowd at a battle of the bands coming up.