Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Band members

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jonasp, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Here is the deal. I think my band is on the verge of destruction!:mad: Me and Matt (the other founding member of the band) are good friends. I play bass (of course) and he plays guitar. Curtis (The other guitar player) and Ryan (the drummer) do NOT like Matt. Matt and Ryan argue quite a bit. I hope this makes sense.:confused: Anyway, Ryan got an offer from another band in town to be their drummer. And since he doesnt like the Matt, i think he is going to join the other band and drop my band. SOOOOOO, if Ryan quits, the Curtis is going to quit. I never wanted 2 guitarists anyway. But, It will be back to ground zero. the 2 man band. But we have a friend, Muggsy. He is an awesome drummer (way better then our current one). He would join our band if we asked him too.

So heres my question. Should i worry about 2 of the band members in my band quitting? I dont care if the guitar player quits, since i never wanted him. but i want to keep the drummer.

What do you guys (and gals) think i should do?

2. Why do you want to keep the drummer if this other guy is so much better?

3. im better friends with this drummer than Muggsy. But, i think i just dont wanna hurt any feelings.
    I think im just gonna atop caring so much. :rolleyes:

4. also...me an matt arent the greatest guitar players. Ryan was as good at drums as we are guitars, muggsy is pretty good

5. well if your drummer and guitarist are leaving anyway, then thsts their choice and you arent responsible for anybodys feelings being hurt.

6. i suppose that your right seapickle. thanks.

7. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    bands will come and go.... don't let them get in the way of your friends.. unless you guys are really good.. and if you get lots of chicks when you play.. in that case... stay together as long as you can. ;)

8. joke

joke

Sep 17, 2001
    If this drummer is better than th eother one, then if you play with him on drums, then your playing may improve. Like someone said, if you play with musicians that are better than you then you have a better chance of improving.