Band Name

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by grygrx, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Yes - Shut up and be happy to have friends who are wiser then you.

5 vote(s)
  2. No - Revolt in the street.

15 vote(s)
  1. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Staff Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    My band has voted on a name and to my surprise the result turned out to be somthing I dislike. Am I crazy?

The choice was "Modal Logic" - The band is kind of a "rock vs folk vs 80's" with all of our own material.
  2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
  3. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Call your band "Revolt Against Modal Logic" that sounds so cool, kinda like Rage Against the Machine.
  4. No. It sucks.

You should go with Pink Unicorn Horsey. And play death metal.
  5. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Telescoping Squeegee Killers.
  6. McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Modal Logic would work for Prog or Math Metal band I think. Something with folk elements though...well I don't know.
  7. I was in a psychadelic band called Kitsch, I hated that name and we were having no luck getting signed. A record company dick suggested we change our name, which we did to LackLustre, we broke up two weeks later! The name might grow on you, but then again, tumours might as well!
  8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    That name does suck pretty bad. Any band that comes up with a name that tries to make them sound really in depth and smart is silly.

9. cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    Well, we had The Holy Modal Rounders in the 60's - they were a spaced-out folk duo (and AFAIK the first to use the word 'psychedelic' in a song). But Modal Logic does sound "dry" and unsexy, like a humorless chops band trying hard to be brainy. The kind of name to make people stay away in droves, as they say.
  10. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Staff Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    My best vote getting entry was "Burning Alexandria".
  11. The Owl

The Owl

Aug 14, 2005
    Atlanta GA
  12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA