Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Band Name?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Diezel420, Sep 19, 2001.

1. I'm starting a band, and we can't think of a name to settle on. Please vote from the following:

Saucemaster
    Squirell Armada
    Gunblast Vodka
    Fruit of the Tomb
    Womb Raider (by God if we use this one the end will have already begun)
    Any other suggestions you have!

Thanks a bunch

2. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Anything with Tomb is good

3. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    It would help to know what kind of music your band plays.

Saucemaster is probably the best name out of the ones you have, as it is one word and easy to remember.

4. Hey,

We play anything from alternative rock, to jazz, to retro........we play everything but country, rap, and "teen pop" (Spears, BSB, all that bullsh*t).

It's pretty eclectic. We also funk up some tunes. We've got a great rendition of "Ironman". Uptempo, rests, and stuff in it. Simple but effective.

Keep them replies comin'!

5. talkshowhost

talkshowhost

Sep 19, 2001
    Hi. I'm the guitar player of Diezel's band. But i play bass, too, so don't worry.

Fruit of the Tomb was my idea and ultimately my favorite. It looks as if that's what it's going to be, but we'd appreciate suggestions and ideas of your own.

Thankyou.

-talkshowhost

6. Squirrel Armada

Definetely

Squirrels Rock

7. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    La Cucaracha No Puede Caminar

:D

8. I like Saucemaster and Gunblast Vodka

9. Squirell Armada!!!! it jus sounds cool.. and sticks in ur head.. thats what u need .. a band name that sticks in ur head. Like.. Orgy..!:cool: :D

10. Womb Raider..... the Peter Liddy story.....

hmmm anyway!

:rolleyes:

Saucemaster is ok.

Merls

11. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    they all kinda suck.......

12. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Womb Raider...'nuf said :cool: :D :cool:

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Cream o' the Crotch.

14. This message is for old_skool: Don't say that the creative ideas of my buddies and I suck. I don't appreciate it when people in French-named towns in WISCONSIN that have old sCHool spellings tell me I'm worse than them. You are probably some twelve year old French Canadian white kid with ugly parents. I may sound coarse right now, but you have infuriated me and my guitar player. How dare you step into my world. Play in your own league. At least give us a suggestion instead of telling us we suck.

Also, other people don't seem to say that the ideas suck. You are strange. Being different is cool, but strange comes with unflattering connotations.

And, Munjibunga, great idea. Can we use that as an album title?

15. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Womb Raider! :D

16. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    Squirrel Armada

17. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Call yourselves "Open Mike Knight", and get a good laugh seeing the folksy guitar nerds come to the club carrying their Takamine acoustics hoping for a chance to sing about the "injustice of the week"!:D

18. I heard the funniest thing on the radio the other day, this comedian goes "what would happen if you played folksy music backwards?, well his wife would still love him, he still has all the money in the world, he's happy and his dog comes back" heeheehee

;)

Merls

19. How about Mixed Nuts since you play it all?

Or to follow Chris Rock's lead, The Tossed Salad Men (People?)

RomperStomper

20. Pull your head in.

old_skool may not have made the most eloquent or tactful statement, but responding with (what I consider to be quite blantant) racism/prejudice is not called for. :( Keep anti French/Canadian comments for another forum...

"How dare you step into my world". How dare you step into his? - you post for opinions on a band name and then get p!$$y when someone says something you don't like. THAT in itsself smacks of 12-yo kid mentality...