Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BAND NAMES!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Bassist_Ben, Mar 11, 2005.

1. :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

Hey Everyone,
    Ok, does anyone here have a problem with band names??? Because my band cant decide what our name should be!
    Here are the names or suggestions:

-Bluegrass
    -Next 2 Nothing
    -Frozen Snow
    -Second 2 None

Thats it....can you say which one or suggest some names please!!
    Thanks alot! From Bassist_Ben

:bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

2. Naming a band is pretty hard.

Of the four suggestions..."Bluegrass" wouldn't get my vote since there is a whole genre of music called bluegrass, there's a major possiblity of confusion here.

The names with "2" in them don't get my vote either, the use of 2 as a substitute for "to" has been overused too much IMHO.

Which leaves Frozen Snow, hmmm.....well it's better than the other 3 choices. How about changing it to "Snowfroze"? :)

3. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    These kinds of threads are pretty common, do a search and you'll be able to find a whole slew of band names.

Bluegrass is definately a band idea.

As for the '2' band names, it might be more interesting to make it into 'ta' or 't[apostrophe]. For ex: Next ta nothing, Next t'nothing. Looks kind of hillbillyish, I guess.

4. Frozen Snow? :eyebrow:
    As opposed to the other kind of snow.....

5. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Yellow Melted Snow
    Once you are famous, YMS

6. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    There was a previous post having this same issue. A TB'er named Dormio posted this link to a band name generator.

This things is tight! Just type in word or phrase and it kicks out some band names that relate. Give it a shot...

http://www.bandnamemaker.com/d/index.html

7. BassAde

BassAde

Mar 11, 2005
    S-o-T U.K.
  8. Dont do what my old band did, and call yourself something that could be abbreviated in the wrong way....

Peace to Mankind and Society

:eek: :bag:

9. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Be sure and sniff out the thread that contained such hilarious gems as "Joanie Loves Convulsions" and "Solid Yogurt and the Teeth".

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing at that thread.

10. If we were called bluegrass which i know is a genre of slow music, we could have a motto or something like "Not the music we play!"

Or something :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

So please reply back if you have any suggestions for nmaes for my band please tell! THANKS !!!

FROM BASSIST_BEN :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

11. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    How about "Too Many Smilies"

;)

12. Just make your band name something that all of you guys have in common. My bands name is "On the Floor" or OTF. I think everyone knows where that comes from.

13. Zemaitis

Zemaitis

Jan 7, 2004
    New Paltz NY
    Bluegrass is NOT generally slow music, in fact some of the fastest players I've heard are bluegrass players.

My advice is to find a name that you can all agree on with some staying power and one that might raise some eyebrows.

My band "Chubby Digital" gets a lot of raised eyebrows. We play Funk/Fusion/Jazz and the questions never end ie: "So when are you going to change your name" to "But you guys aren't chubby or digital?"

My vote goes for Frozen Snow, that'll raise some eyebrows for better or for worse.
    good luck!

14. CabbageStabbage

CabbageStabbage

Oct 11, 2004
    Ottawa
    That thing is great.
    I tried to come up with some death metal names, and here are some:
    Pierced Vomit
    Skinned Zucchini
    Eating Blood and the Field Closure
    Gore Boulevard
    Gore Turnip