Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Band Names

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by moxnix9, May 25, 2002.

1. For those of you have a band with a name, I was wondering if you got it copywritten (copywrited?). My band name is temporarily Snag but I may possibly change it to Snagg, or God knows what else, as soon as we get our drummer to join (longer story). Well when my guitarist buddy and I played for 3 hours, I suggested we get a name and e-mail ourselves and others saying so & so (band members) are whoever (band name). And at the end of the e-mail we put All rights reserved and the copywrite sign 2002. So we did that at like 12:30 in the morning. Did any of you guys do that or something that gives you rights? Just wondering.

2. not quite Flea

not quite Flea

Oct 19, 2001
    NZ
    You should write down the details of the band, name etc and send it (via snail mail) to yourself in a SEALED envlope and not open it!!

then if you ever had to prove you had the name first, the post mark will be evidence enough

this is also a good idea for songs and lyrics