1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Band needs a new website! help please!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bayou_Brawler, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    hey all.

my band needs a new website. we are using a cookie cutter one now that works great but our cd just came out and we want to sell it online and be able to accept credit card payments...

so basically i need a website that can host music, pictures, videos, and have an online store to accpet credit cards....

i want to spend between 0 and 100$ a month....

anyone have any idead? or using a good one?:help:

you can see our current webpage below...

:help:

2. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    First off, I'd advise against having a site already to accept credit cards. the cost is pretty nasty, and unless you know what your scale will be, you may end up spending upwards of 20% on a transaction, depending on what bank, etc.

Honestly? go with a Garage Band or MySpace acount.

For payment, set-up a PayPal account to accept payments. Users give you their contact info through that. On a small-time scale, it's about the best way. You do have to pay a transaction fee, as the seller, but they don't charge a monthly fee for the right to accept a credit card, and they have all of the encryption and so forth already resident to their system. Nothing for you to futz around with, and potentially screw up.

3. Check out www.cdbaby.com

They will sell your CD's for you. I just checked it out and they charge a one time $35.00 set up fee then they keep $4.00 per cd sold.

All you have to do is link the page they make for you to your web site.

4. http://www.ipowerweb.com i use this as my host right now. basic package is like $8/month. You get 10,000mb of space 250gigs transfer/month. Also has PayPal cart thing where you can setup a lil store it looks like (ive never used it, so you might want to do a lil more research or email them. i just looked in my control panel and saw it).

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I'll send you a PM

6. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I also suggest www.cdbaby.com
    Top notch. very inexpesive. They take care of all the hassle.