Band of Brothers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Antipop, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Anyone else enjoy this show/HBO series as much as I do?

I got the DVD set for Christmas and have been blown away by it. Man that was a bad pun.
  2. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Excellent series i've seen it over and over again. I love it.
  3. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Very well done series, I thought.
  4. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
  5. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    One of the best war movies/stories ever, and damn near perfectly executed. I've seen all the episodes at least 3-4 times each.
  6. Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    I've had the DVD's since they were first available. It's an outstanding series. I've watched it numerous times. But I'm also kind of a WWII buff who when not playing his bass, can often be found waging war in a massively multiplayer virtual recreation of WWII. Heh heh... [​IMG]

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Everytime I see it on HBO, I watch it. It's a gut wrenching series, and it takes a toll on me. I get attached to the characters, especially Bull.

8. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I love it so much! I have all the DVD's and it's just amazing. It really captures the war IMO.

It makes me want an M1 Garand SOOOO BAD.
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Is that the rifle model they use? My dad has one from when he was in the Marines. He told me he got off a dead guy. I think he was kidding, but it scared me real good when I was a kid.

10. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Excellent series!

Saw it on tv and then bought the dvds!
  11. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Great series! Probably the best thing about WWII I've ever seen.
  12. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    The M1 Garand is the big .306 rifle they use that goes "CHINK" when the clip ejects out. The smaller semi-auto gun with the folding stock is an M1A1 Carbine. The full auto gun that shoots SUPER fast is the M1A1 Thompson, and there's an M3A1 Grease Gun in there too.
  13. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    One of the best movies i believe...
  14. That game looks pretty intense and cool
  15. One of the best HBO has put out. I got hooked on it big time.

The stories of the actual solders really drove home the reality of how it must have been.

Makes me think a lot about my Dad.
  16. ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    You should have seen my reaction when Bill Guarnere(sp?) took that hit to his leg! Such brutal and vivid imagery. Amazingly written, acted and filmed.
  17. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I love it. Great entertainment.
  18. Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    It is. It has very realistic ballistics and equipment modeling. Avg age of players is in low 30's with a high percentage of current and former military members from countries around the globe. All played out on a .5 scale map of Western Europe. I've been playing for nearly 5 years now. It's a blast. lol
  19. Band of Brothers is a masterpiece and will be screened over and over again. Part of the siginificance of the series for me is that it is depicting the story of actual indivduals. This is made all the more potent by the interviews with the actual veterans. BTW if you haven't read the book give that a go as well. It is superbly written.
  20. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i've watched B'o'B maybe no less than 23x, not including the one time i was interrupted by having to go to work, and breathe fresh outdoor air.