1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

band photo taking

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by redname, Feb 27, 2013.

1. redname

redname

Apr 30, 2010
    hi guys,
    my band's gng to have our photos taken this weekend in a studio and i was wondering if there are any nice bass player's poses i can pull off for the individual shots.

any help?

2. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Just wear all black and look mad, it's never been done before.

3. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    +1
    Also, Railroad tracks, brick walls, stairwells, and no smiles.

4. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Waco Texas
    Railroad tracks
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362029787.034598.
    Brick walls
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362029810.059678.

5. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Waco Texas
    No smiles
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362029842.966887.
    Oh yeah almost forgot stairwells
    be4e6a3u.

6. Mr L

Mr L

Jul 22, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Hilarious haha

7. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Dang! You beat me to it!

If the photographer says ANYTHING about railroad tracks or a brick wall, your only reply should be "You're fired."

Just be yourself. It'll be fine.

8. St Drogo

St Drogo

Oct 9, 2009
    Netherlands
    What if he's a grumpy traindriver who lives on the second floor of a brick building?

9. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Then he should get out of the photo biz.

10. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    That's just hilarious. How many of THOSE bands do you think are right this very minute dreaming of fame and fortune? I knew those kids in school, or ones just like them. Good times. I was playing funk and radio rock for money at 15, and they were getting angry in Mom's basement telling me how I had sold out.

11. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I remember seeing a picture in the Hall Of Douchebags that kind of made me cringe.

My old band had one image we re-used several times that was basically the same pic that another band used in the HOD. The photographer laid on the ground looking up and we stood over her in a (roughly) circle looking down. Very cutting edge for 1988, I assure you.

But the caption in the HOD under a very similar pic was something like "What happened? Where am I? Why does my butt hurt?"

At least I never saw any that made me picture myself as 'Jeremy'.

12. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    One that was pretty good had the four of us technically all in the picture. But it only gave a good representation of our keyboard player, coincidentally the only good looking guy in the band.

We went to a playground near my apartment. We took a platform, intending it for the guitar player to lay on and set it up next to the monkey bars. Eric just stood there. John ended up hanging upside down by his knees from the monkey bars. I ended up laying on my side on the platform John was supposed to use, so that my upper half stuck into the pic from the side of the image, and Ron did a head stand so the only his upside down lower half was in the pic. It kind of made it look like the drummers shoes were the star of the band.

13. +1 and make sure you do it in front of a brick wall or a wall of graffiti

14. on the top of a high rise they can do it with green screen these days, grave yards are good to if your a metal band, famous places or buildings are pretty cool too using green screen backgrounds

15. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Let your photographer pose you. If he's any good, it will look better than what you could come up with yourself.

16. this is one we did at an Airshow

17. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Did he only take one frame?

18. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA

19. FuManChu

FuManChu

Mar 3, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Just have fun and don't worry, most of the time they ask the bass player to stand in the shadows or far enough back that they are slightly out of focus, ha. Here is a shot that we did about 5 years ago and I thought it was fairly original but I have seen it done many times since, nothing is original. This was the photographers idea. TSMtrunk.

20. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Hire pacman.