Band Pracitce?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Mar 9, 2006.

1. We rent/own a seperate place where no one lives.

11 vote(s)
  2. Its at my drummers house.

14 vote(s)
  3. Its at my guitarists house.

9 vote(s)
  4. Its at my house!

7 vote(s)
  5. It varies.

5 vote(s)
  6. It is at a non-members house.

0 vote(s)
  1. Well? Why is it this way?
  2. JJd2sc

Jul 31, 2003
    Marietta, Georgia
    3 of them going to the Atlanta Institute of Music and live 30ish minutes away from me, and dont want to jam on campus. We rented out a storage unit, carpeted it up, and are good to go.
  3. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    We practice at my house for a few reasons.
    1. I am the only one that has a stand alone type house. The singer, drummer, and guitar player all have townhouses.

2. I have a studio in my garage.

3. I don't have to drive.:D
  4. Well for me its at my house because I have a drum set, a bass and an amp and a Guitar. As well as a comfortable basement and only one parent who works alot!

Its a no brainer for us.

oops forgot to add keyboardist/singers house.
  5. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Guitarists house for me. He has a nice studio setup in his basement complete with PA, amps, electronic drums, etc, so everyone just has to bring their own instrument(except the drummer)and that's it. It's a great, convenient setup.
  6. Guitarists house. Biggest basement.
  7. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    It switches around, but for this winter I have been rehearsing in a house owned by the drummer's family. Currently unoccupied but being remodeled and that has meant no heat or running water, so it is cold and you have to bring 5 gallons of water to use the crapper! Yippeee! But the power is on and it is convenient. We are hoping that we don't get asked to leave as soon as the heat and power work :ninja:
  8. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    I used to be at on of our guitarists' house, cuz he had a drum kit, and our drummer is from out of town. That is, until he (our guitarist) moved into an apartment. Nowadays, we usually practice in the basement of the McConnell engineering building at McGill. It's good to have ties with the folks at McGill :D
  9. bassbully43

Jul 1, 2005
    Used to be my drummers place ...a cool barn like building he built in the back of his property. Had A/c lights (stage) P/a and heat until the it went bad in the middle of winter and we moved to my basement. The basemant is large and roomy and we get a good no more muddy walkpaths and cramped quarters...but the barn is cool.
  10. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

My house because I'm too lazy to move my bass amp everywhere. I also borrowed a crappy drumset from a friend to put in my basement.
  11. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Once a month at a factory owned by the drummer,
    and I leave a rig there. The intermediate 3 weeks are
    without the drummer so it varies. I have a rig at one
    guitarist's house, and if it is at the second guitarists house
    then it is usually just him and me working on material,
    lyrics, charts and changes without the horn section.

Then I just use his practice amp as we are not loud at all,
    more like acoustic level. At lot of good work can get done at
    that volume so I am ready for the full blown monthly jam
    avec SWR SM900 +2 4x10 cabs, mixer, PA, 2 gui****s,
    alto sax/tenor sax and drums.

Works for me.
  12. guitarist's house...i live in a dorm, he has a only makes sense :)