Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Band practice set up

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by spectorbass83, Dec 14, 2005.

1. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    tell me about your band practice set up? What do you use for vocals?

Since my band plays in a room with terrible acoustics, a PA system is not the most suitable piece of equipment (and we can't afford one now anyways). For this reason we use a monitoring system and everyone wears headphones. We mic the kick drum and snare - which has to be turned down quite a bit since it breaks up the vocals at times (drummer hits hard). The monitoring system is an okay alternative, but ideally I would like to be in a room with better acoustics and a PA system.

2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    We set up in a circle, for the most part. We use an older Crest console with monitor sends going to a JBL Eon powered monitor for each person. Everyone has thier own mix, if they decide to use it. We are moving to an in-ear system in the near future (once the federal budget is signed...) which should cut down on quite a bit of noise. Each person will have their own mix sent to a set of Shure E-5 earbuds.

3. We set up in a 18x18 room and turn up. I don't know how we fit everything in there, but it works.

4. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    As we are only young and broke we just set up with amps and try and get levels right.Mics go through a PA with then goes to 2 15 inch speakers.Tis grand!!!MY Redhead is all I need