Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Band signing

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Aug 17, 2001.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I just wanted to tell everyone that we've (El Pus) just signed to Arista Records, and that I'll be in LA recording from 9/17th - 10/30th. If you get a hold of the new Warwick catalog, you'll see my ugly mug on the Thumb BO BN page. Take care.
    Woodchuck

2. Cool. Can I have your autograph?

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    LOL! You're autograph is probably woth more than mine!!!

4. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Congratulations!!!!!!!

I want an autograph too :D

5. Congratulations warwicknut!!!!!!

Now go out there and kick some... !!!!!!

By the way, I hope those record company bigshots don't take advantage of you guys. You see all these stories about microscopic royalties, loss of artistic control...it's scary...

...but you gotta go for it...heh heh... plus I hear touring makes up for the lack of royalties...

Rock on... ;)

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats, warwicknut.:)

Good luck with the record deal.

7. downward spiral

downward spiral

Jul 20, 2001
    wow. that is pretty cool good luck.

8. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Be sure to let us all know when you get your cd on sale, I would love to buy a copy.

9. good luck mate, im jealous :)

go for it, :p

(autograph please?) :D

Jay

10. Good luck!
    If you get famous, I'm telling everyone were great friends:D

11. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Thank you all. We've got probably the best entertainment attorney in the biz. He's the legal counsel for other entertainment attorneys. We got a very good deal with Melisma/Arista. We also kept our artistic control. It'll be interesting to see how things go. I'll keep everyone posted.

12. good luck man....and what kind of music is it?

13. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Big congrats man! I want and autograph too! And I have the same question as jr's. What type of music is it?

14. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Let's see, we stretch acroos many genres. That's on of the resons why they signed us. It's a mixture of punk, hip hop, rock, Latin, blues/folk, and funk.

15. Hey warwick congrats, I was just wondering how it works when you sign with a record company. Do they pay for the recording and producing of your CD? Do they set deadlines for recording, and tell you when you go on tour? Do they send your CD to the radio stations? Also, how did you sign with them? Did someone see you doing a live show? Did you send in an independently produced CD? Sorry about all the questions, I'm just curious.

16. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Good Deal guy. :) Let me know if you do any shows while in town. :D

17. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gabu, we'll be recording in LA. As for the other stuff, we have a schedule and a budget to record with. We also have a touring budget. They give the CD's to to radio stations, although we have our own marketing team as well. Matt Serletic was in his car, when he heard one of our songs on KJLH I think, and he called the station to find out who it was. They told him, and they gave him a copy. He then called LA Reid in New York to tell him about us, and Mr. Reid asked for a copy. After he listened to it, he told Matt to go to Atlanta and find us. The rest is history in the making!

18. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Way to go, warwick!!! Glad you got a good attorney. Hope your deal is better than the shyster job my band got years ago. :rolleyes: Smart move on your part.

And I hope your touring budget or the show promoter includes all the doggone insurance you have to get these days. All I can say about touring is - Hope you don't like sleep much :D

19. Congrates dude!! I see we got good taste in basses;O)
    -Joe

20. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Wow! Warwicknut and Warwickthumb together talking about a signing. Anyway.....I want a Warwick. Maybe I should change my name to "WarwickDreamer". Anyway, to stay on topic, congrats again warwicknut.