Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Band symbol

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Worshiper, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    What do you guys think of my band's new symbol?

[​IMG]

Still just a rough copy but you get the idea.

2. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Staff Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Heart cover band in Punk Style? ;)

3. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    no, actually its more of a christian rock/ praise and worship band, some originals, mostly covers. It will be a white symbol, but I had to print out a few copies and I'm really cheap so I did it in black on white background (= less ink). I'll post a more acurate picture later.

4. You should name it "state of the heart" that'd be funny.

5. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    Looks good to me. Yeah, I think you should add 'the' to the name.

6. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    I think it's good, but the font looks silly.

7. Particle Man

Particle Man

Aug 24, 2004
    I think the icon is OK, but I have to agree that the font is weak.
    There doesn't seem to have been any thought put into it. It looks like you just picked a font and started typing...

Sorry if that seems harsh, but I live in the wonderful world of advertising where constructive criticism comes fast and furious.

8. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I think the font should be changed to a rougher script, like the kind that a person locked in solitary would write in blood on the wall. But that's just me...

9. Ray-man

Ray-man Guest

Sep 10, 2005
    Looks a little "Stars and Bars" to me. Kinda Dixie-esque.

10. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    That's because that's exactly what I did. Haha :D

The font was loaded from a former photoshop project and I ijust kept it as a marker. There will be no font in the symbol, I should have specified that. I was never a fan of the font myself. As for "state of 'the' heart," I'm not too sure of it. I'll mention it to the rest of my band and see what happens. We've been together for some time now, in various musician form, and we've always had trouble with the name. I really believe, I guess the rest of them do too, that the name is not something that should be rushed..It should say a lot about the band and its message and purpose.

11. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    here, try this one. Or the other. My friend made the second one.

12. m00t

m00t

Apr 5, 2005
    Chicago suburb
    hmmmmm... don't have much experience on posting and i know there are threads on this but i dont have the time rite now. Soo... if you are willing to let me email you, i can email you my variation. its not super creative and didnt take much skill but i think it makes the design a little neater

13. fozzy

fozzy

Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
    The second one is very good, but that heart shape is a little bit odd . IMHO.

14. The first font looks pretty much like the standard zydeco font I've seen. I'd stay away from that.

15. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    Wow, trevorous..those look great. Thanks man. I think the first one it a bit to "hard core looking" for our sound. I like the star in that heart though. And the second one is great too. I'll have to show it to my band... get some opinions. Thanks again guys. This really helpful.

By the way, trevorous, what program did your friend use to make that. I really admire the work.

16. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    He used photoshop CS

17. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    wow..I was unaware that you can do fonts like that in photoshop. I'll have to take another look at the old tutorial section.

18. m00t

m00t

Apr 5, 2005
    Chicago suburb
    Ok hopefully this ll work.
    [​IMG]
    I think it'd be cool if u embedded the band name into the heart like so.

19. Yes, but to me that reads "Heart State A Of."

Looks cool though. Mabye you should change your band name to Heart State A Of so you can use that logo. That's what I'd do.

20. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    nah..we won't be changing the name.

That's another good idea thuough. I don't know if we wanted to put the name in it or just use a symbol. Like I said, at this point its mostly esxperimental, although weve got a good idea about where we generally want to go. i'll find out more when we meet on sunday.