Band thread: MB20....

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by rockstarbassist, Jan 9, 2005.

1. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I used to make fun of these guys back in high school, just because they seemed so cheesy... but damn, we cover a few Matchbox songs now, along with many others I laughed at (remember, this was in my Slayer/Pantera/Megadeth/Cannibal Corpse days), but as I've grown as a musician with a better ear and not just a bass player, Rob Thomas writes some amazing songs, and one only needs to look at their "VH1 Storytellers" DVD to see that. His band is top-notch, and dead-on the entire night. Their "SHOW" DVD (it's pretty new) is also very good. Plus, finding out what "3 AM" is really about, and then watching him play it solo on the piano is pretty moving. I would've never thought it being a song about his Mom dying of cancer. It just doesn't have that vibe or feel in the regular recording... Anyhow, jus wanted to say that. :bag:
  2. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
    I'm on a reall MB20 kick lately, which is a bit different for me.
    Anybody feel like sharing?

I'm really enjoying mad season and yourself or someone like you. Really great albums. I remember catching the sh1 storytellers a few years ago and I wish I could see it again after listening to these guys some more and appreciating the music.