Band tour van stolen in Chicago with all equipment inside.

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by FayRoy, Sep 11, 2013.

1. FayRoy

FayRoy

Sep 11, 2013
    Hey Everyone!

I play in a San Francisco band, FayRoy. We played Moe's Tavern in Chicago on Monday Night, it was all our first time here and truly had a blast. The next night however our van was stolen with all of our gear in it on the 700 block of N. Wood St. (Ukrainian Village). It was snatched somewhere between 12a and 4a Wednesday 9/10. It's a maroon 1997 Chevy Conversion Van with a bubble top.

In the van we had-
    Squire P-bass and a Ampeg ba-115 bass amp

Also these things:
    Fender Jazzmaster, fender telecaster sunburst (both American made), Ampeg Reverb Rocket (2x12), premier drum kit, alesis micron synth, microkorg xl synth, Roland kc-550 keyboard amp, 2 washburn acoustic guitars (one covered in paint. One black electric acoustic cutaway) wood grain squire tele

Last night we did a little interview for NBC Chicago and are calling every local music store and pawn shop we can.

I heard THIS is one of the best forums for bass guitars. We are really just trying to spread the word or ask for any advice we can get.

SO TONIGHT- we are putting on a fundraiser show at Moe's Tavern in Chicago at 9p.

Please keep an eye out guys, and if you have ANY info or questions don't hesitate to call/text/email me. Thanks for your help!

-Alex
    www.fayroy.com
    [email protected]
    727-512-7363

2. rtav

rtav Millionaire Stuntman, Half-Jackalope

Dec 12, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    THAT SUCKS!!!! Yeah, I'll keep an eye out - sorry to hear that!

3. tedesco23

tedesco23

May 12, 2010
    Evansville, WI
    Horrible. Good luck getting your stuff back, Alex.

4. captdusty

captdusty

Jul 23, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    PLEASE tell me the band at least had serial numbers written down or, better yet, photographed.

And let this be a lesson to all of us to do just that. It's also worth considering installing SNAGG chips in you more valuable items, as it siginificantly increases chances of recovery.

5. georgestrings

georgestrings Inactive

Nov 5, 2005
    Best of luck getting your stuff back - I HATE thieves!!!

- georgestrings

6. Miskatonic

Miskatonic

Sep 15, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Wow, only $25 for a chip to, and 5 for $100. Not bad.

And from the site:

"SNAGG RFID Microchip prevention devices are factory-installed in Category 5 Surfboards, Carvin Guitars, Baker, DeTemple and Fender Custom Shop guitars."

Good to know!

Sorry to hear some low lifes decided to pinch your gear. :( Find some shady looking guys around that area and start asking.

7. Slough Feg Bass

Slough Feg Bass Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2007
    San Francisco
    yeah, this is why someone is supposed to be sleeping in the van.
    Seen this happen too many times.
    I know it sucks sleeping in the van, but that way you can avoid these things.
    Ouch, best of luck to you.

If it's any consolation, I have some friends who had this happen at SXSW a few years back, and they had to rent a car to get home. A few weeks later, they were able to recover the guitars that showed up in a pawn shop. Make sure you have pics and serial numbers to all your gear just in case you need to file a police report.

8. FayRoy

FayRoy

Sep 11, 2013
    Can't thank you all enough for the advice. Just got some tips for some areas to check out and are definitely getting hotter on the trail.

I have the feeling that our gear is no longer in the van. Its been over 24 hours and I couldn't imagine somebody leaving it in there for this long without pawning it or atleast taking it out in case the van gets spotted. At this point, we just want to recover our rig so we can make it back to California.

Heres the kicker, our serial numbers and all useful papers are inside of the van. We're a bunch of dumb kids right? We're not losing hope, and we're gonna play our asses off at this show tonight. Stranger things have happened, just keep a sharp eye guys, we really appreciate everyone's input.

9. Scottkarch

Scottkarch

Sep 11, 2012
    Chicago
    I live northwest of town.. I'll check the few pawn shops I can find.

Any pics would be helpful.

10. 227Snowman

227Snowman

Jan 26, 2011
    Hastings, MN
    I'll be in Chicago this weekend, I'll keep an eye out.

11. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    I hope you get your van and your gear back safely.

12. BPretty

BPretty

Aug 15, 2014
    What is a snag chip?

13. BazzTard

BazzTard Inactive

that sucks,

but, Moe's Tavern, seriously? that was the warning sign :)

14. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    I live in the far west greater-Chicagoland area and will check out some places in DeKalb and Rockford where someone might try to unload your stuff.

Best of luck to you.

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021