Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Band Turmoil

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by pelvicfury, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Last Thursday my guitar player quit our band. I don't know what to do now. He was mainly a rythm player with the occasional lead. We still have our other guitarist, but I don't know if we can cut it with one guitar. Do we search for a new guitarist or become a power trio? Being a three piece might mean makeing sacrifices. Any advice?? If anyone knows a good old school metal guitarist looking for a band, let me know...

2. what part of pa?

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Wrong forum.

Moved.

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    One of my bands was forced to become a trio, and the musicality skyrocketed! We became an awesome band, and I really grew as a musician.

5. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    yeah, where in PA?

6. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I'd see this as a positive thing. There's more room for you and your remaining mates to flash your chops.

7. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I had the same type of experience as Woodchuck... Was in a four piece blues band when the keyboard player decided he was tired of gigging. After some trepidation about moving forward as a trio, we went for it and became a much tighter band. Much more room for me as a bassist... Unfortunately, that band broke up after 5+ years...

-robert