Band Turmoil

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by pelvicfury, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Last Thursday my guitar player quit our band. I don't know what to do now. He was mainly a rythm player with the occasional lead. We still have our other guitarist, but I don't know if we can cut it with one guitar. Do we search for a new guitarist or become a power trio? Being a three piece might mean makeing sacrifices. Any advice?? If anyone knows a good old school metal guitarist looking for a band, let me know...
  2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Wrong forum.

3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    One of my bands was forced to become a trio, and the musicality skyrocketed! We became an awesome band, and I really grew as a musician.
  4. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    yeah, where in PA?
  5. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I'd see this as a positive thing. There's more room for you and your remaining mates to flash your chops.
  6. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I had the same type of experience as Woodchuck... Was in a four piece blues band when the keyboard player decided he was tired of gigging. After some trepidation about moving forward as a trio, we went for it and became a much tighter band. Much more room for me as a bassist... Unfortunately, that band broke up after 5+ years...