Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Band video on Google

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Alvaro Martín Gómez A., Dec 13, 2005.

1. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Hi everybody.

Not sure if I should put this thread here or in "Recordings" since this isn't strictly bass-related, so mods please move it if you think it better should be there. This is another excerpt from the same concert video in which my version of Stu Hamm's "Country Music" is, posted on a friend's request. Nothing special. Just a fun time. Hope you enjoy it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4930705272446677248&q="lobbuck+lou"

2. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Hi Alvaro. I absolutely adore "The Analog kid". It´s one of my all time favourite Rush tunes. Your bass playing is really solid (as usual) the same goes for the drummer. The guitar player was great too, but messed it up a bit during his solo. Now about the singer ... I personally didn´t like his voice too much, but his pronunciaton was sometimes horrendous (I don´t mean to be offensive, but that´s exactly what I thought when I heard it). Good perfomance anyway.

3. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Thank you, Billy! I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

Totally agree. I just didn't want to enter into details about the performance when posted the thread. As an added minus, the vocal slide he sings at 4:08 sounds horribly out of tune. Not trying to excuse him, but you can't imagine how difficult is to find a really good rock vocalist here.

Thanks again for watching, Billy! [​IMG]