Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Band Websites...

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Barfly, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    They are such an important marketing tool now, especially to showcase live sound/video.

www.defleppard.ca

Our singer designed and manages ours, and thank God....

So, what's the link to your site ans who takes care of it for ya?

Cheers,
    Steve

2. Marc Piane

Marc Piane

Jun 14, 2004
    Chicago
    www.espjazz.com

I take care of it. I'm not a web guy at all. It is a pretty simple site but I've booked more gigs because I have somewhere to send a club owner.

3. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    The link is in my signature.

We were lucky in that a good friend of mine in our year school who is a good web designer. Considering he was 15 when he started it, and only 16 now, he is more than worth the very little money we occasionally pay him. :D

4. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm working on our new site now...it'll be www.sonicprophetmusic.com and will be up later this month.

I'm doing it myself with GoDaddy Web Complete software and Hosting.

Fonts, templates, photo archive, clip art, guest book, and the ability to upload pictures, video, and mp3's...it's all there!!

I'm a network engineer and run a part time computer repair/networking business...but this is really made for people who have ZERO experience. Check 'em out...websites are a must have nowadays!!!!

5. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
  6. kristoffer

kristoffer

Jul 8, 2004
    Sweden
    My bands website: www.theflamingmoes.net

I designed and coded it. All band members can update it through an Admin section, but It's mainly myself and the guitarist who does those things.

7. Mine's in the signature. I Upload it and do minor tweaks to the pages, but I have a limited knowledge of HTML so that's all I do. Haven't put anything new up for ages because of exams.

8. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    One band is in my sig which is 'maintained' by me but I haven't for awhile now

The other is
    http://www.fromcitizentosoldier.com which is done by my vocalist in that band.

9. Rockgurl

Rockgurl

Dec 17, 2004
    CT, USA
    Love your site, Barfly. Big Leppard fan here.

I just finished designing my band's site and it went live 48 hours ago, and so far we've had nearly 600 hits. I'm not sure how that happened! We must be getting popular. :D

www.sisterfunk.com

and my personal website:

www.debbieseymour.com

I love designing websites and will quite happily spend hours and hours at my computer messing with html coding in Dreamweaver. Now it's finished I don't know what to do with myself. Oh wait...go and play bass! Doh! :rolleyes:

10. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada

Cheers, Rockgirl! Just checked out Stand Up And Shout on yer personal site. Awesome!!!

11. barebones

barebones Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Denver, CO
    www.inactivists.com

Built and maintained by Tom and Victoria Lundy. Victoria is the theremin player in the band. That's right, theremin, baby!

Oh, yeah!

Matt

12. kansas666

kansas666

Sep 20, 2004
  13. .

14. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Baba, that site name is f*ckin' great! LMFAO! :D

15. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    its our first run on the webpage business.

www.americansinner.com

it is being completely revamped by one of our graphics-designer/band members. it will be cool and when i say cool, i mean totally sweet.

16. Thanks! There are definitely 2 camps.....people either love it or hate it. I love it in a Captain Beefhart and Zappa kind of way.