Band with best stage presence or antics?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by frankencow150, Mar 10, 2002.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    If theres another thread like this,then mods can delete this and post me a link.Well...

What bands do you think have the craziest or funniest show?I think Less Than Jake are really funny,and run around alo.Gwar,well from what I've heard they have the craziest shows.My friend said Slipknot throws poop at the crowd.

...and ICP thought they were hardcore because they poured soda on the crowd...
  2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

For me GWAR is number one and has been for a long, long time. Thye make KISS look silly.
  3. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Doesn't every band?:p
  4. Some of my favorites over the years:
    Jethro Tull (70's - 80's)
    Frank Zappa
    Tom Waits
    Bare Naked Ladies
    They Might Be Giants
    Alice Cooper (70's)
  5. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    PLease dont hate mE!!
    This past summer I went to the Edmonton stop of the Edgefest tour.. It was a great show. I really liked Jimmy Eat World.

Blink 182 was the highlight of the show. They were GREAT!! It was a really high energy show. I wasn't a Blink 182 fan before that show. After seeing them live I don't mind them at all.

Maybe there was just somethign in the air ;) *coughcough*
  6. Rammstein has a show from hell, flamethrowers and stuff all over the place. The bloodhound gang puts on a nice show too.
  7. yeah i like Gwar's show the best. alice cooper and rammstein are awesome as well.
  8. eViL cAkE

eViL cAkE Guest

Sep 6, 2001
    Just East of Dallas
  9. Rammstein has always had one hell of a stage show. Flames, explosions, water cannons, lights, it's great. Mushroomhead is pretty much the same, only in English.:D

But nobody beats GWAR. Sacrifices, fake blood, monsters, awesome costumes, man, it's amazing.

But wear body armor if you go. The mosh pits get a little instense.:eek:

Rock on
  10. Definitely Jethro Tull and Alice Cooper!

11. I second Bare Naked Ladies, they were great, when i saw them the singer guys started freestyling!! It was amazing

12. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    I saw the Pietasters on last Friday night in Lancaster, PA. They put on a really great show. The singer kept asking everyone if they had beer! :D

Man, they sounded great though!
  13. I liked 311 and System of a Down from my concert experiences
  14. ConTraBajisTa

ConTraBajisTa Guest

Oct 5, 2000
    auburn, ny
    go to a hardcore show. i've been to one, and it was amazing--people climbing on the walls and ceilings, moshing, climbing on stage and messing with the band, the energy was awesome, nothing like i've ever seen or experienced before. just thinking about it's getting my adrenaline going!

edit: i never gave an answer, did i? any kind of hardcore or metal band would deliver a great performance. i went to see Throwdown, From Autumn To Ashes, If Hope Dies, and some other band i forgot.
  15. For plain, flat-out rawk without all the bee-ess, see Guided By Voices live. Of the hundreds of bands I've seen in my life, no one was better than GBV for sound or stage presence. They don't need explosions, blood, showers of maggots, or whatever, just a tub full of beer and plenty of cigarettes. I've been to shows where the set list was well over 60 songs long, and they rock every last one of them.
  16. rhcp17

Oct 1, 2001
    pennsylvania usa
    lets not forget the chili peppers. They've gone naked, just with socks, and flame helmets. Flea aslo has incredible energy. Their shows have gotten calmer, and im not saying they were ever number one best, but they did pretty darn good job entertaining the crowd.
  17. xax712

Dec 25, 2001
    Northwest Arkansas
    You all owe it to yourself to go to a POD show. Amazing...Sonny's stage presense is the best I've ever seen, and another band that puts on a good show that doesn't get much respect is Fuel. I'd recommend everybpody go and see both bands.
  18. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Victor Wooten had a really good show. I dont know about best or craziest but him, Regi, and JD Blair were pretty funny together.