Band Writeup.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jul 1, 2004.

1. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I had no idea that Speech was affiliated with the group. If you are in contact with him chuck, let him know that one jazzbo out there was a hiphophead in high school, and never forgot his music. Man, that was some of the best stuff out there. I still listen to the unplugged CD regularly, as well as both LPs. That man could rap. I always thought he had this amazing style, like guys like Q-Tip and Chuck D have. Really great voices, rhythms, styles.

In regards to the review, very nice. The writer writes a little cookie-cutter-ish, but that's on them. Bottom line, is that it's effective, cause it makes me wanna listen to the music. I like how Cufi addresses the styles and influences. So many bands so they have no real influences, or that they believe their style to be 100% effective, and that's such crap.

Good writeup Chuckie.
  2. Congrats on the article! More congrats on the regular Tuesday night spot at Smith's. Will definitely be by to see you before the month is up.
  3. Hey Chuck, whatcha holdin' there in that pic? :eek: :D
  4. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Most excellent. I should be in Atlanta in a couple weeks for the weekend of the 17th. If ya'll are playing I'll try to come out.