Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

band?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassfish, Feb 19, 2003.

1. bassfish

bassfish

Jan 31, 2003
    Helena, Montana
    I am really struggling to find people to play in a band with and I was wondering if ya'll had any ideas on how to approach them. I've played in a band before but am not doin so good at finding another one.

2. same here dude....my school is full of yo's and stuff...so it's hard to start a metal band :(

-jOn:oops:

3. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I knwo what you guys mean, I have tryed starting a band twice, but people keep losing interest. Right now I am working on a project with a few buddies that might go somewhere, and anther band that is trying to get out of the metal scene said they would give me a call, but otherwise.. I woudl say check the boards at local music stores for bass players wanted, or post an ad yourself. If you take lessons, your teacher may known someone you coudl get togather with. Hang around the local music scene (if any) and ask around. Peace :cool:

4. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Osama_ Spears? With a name like that your jsut looking to get clobbered aren't you? ;) :D

5. Hehe,thats my net name...my real name is Adolf Bin Laden;)

-Jon:oops:

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Osama, your name is SO Manson.:rolleyes:

7. heh,its funny because he "inspired" me to make it...

I am not a big Manson fan though

-Jon:oops: