1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bands dropping out of gig...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by need4mospd, Apr 12, 2006.

1. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    So we were supposed to open up for 3 other bands at a local bar this Saturday with a 45 minute set of all originals. We found out today that we'll be playing for two hours because one band broke up and another decided to play in Austin for the weekend!

This should be fun! I'm just glad we have some covers to fill in the space.

2. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Someone posted a thread asking for easy covers. Check 'em out. You may be able to fill quite a bit of your evening with the suggestions!

Cherie :)

3. Awesome! Hopefully this is good for your audience as well. I was at a show and a (crappy) band didn't show, so my favorite band played for twice as long. Worst case scenario...play some things again! Worked for the Ramones. Or 12 bar blues jams that can go on forever, like Sabbath did. What do you guys play?

4. haha wow, id demand extra money ^^ or if you are not getting paid, id ask that you were lol.

Should be alot of fun, good luck

5. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I had to do something like that once... fill a 2hr slot. Trouble was we had about 45 minutes of music when we found out about the gig.

6. That's when you perform a free form jazz odyssey to eat up time.