Bands missing original members....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jiles, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Jiles

Jiles Banned

Nov 28, 2001
    They seem to be popping up at clubs and state fairs nationwide....

Steppenwolf with John Kay.

Brian Howe and Bad Company with the original drummer maybe.

The Yardbirds minus Page, Beck, Clapton, and Relf.

Marshall Tucker minus all but 1 original member.

Lynyrd Skynyrd....well....I'm not touching on that one...

Journey minus Steve Perry

...ah, the glory days!

And let's don't talk about The touring version of The Beach can you have The Beach Boys with no Wilsons?
  2. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    Metallica- No mustain, no cliff =/
    The new album is actually growing on me somewhat, and i dont believe i said that.
  3. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
  4. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000

Someone was bound to say it. I'm just glad that I beat everyone to the punch. :D ;)
  5. Deep Purple

but hey! Steve Morse kicks! Haven't herad the new KB'er tho. I will tonight!

mwahahahh! :D
  6. Isn't Status Quo's original drummer playing in a Status Quo tribute band these days......?
  7. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    LMFAO! :D

To be honest... could it a better gig than playing with Status Quo? :D

Reminds me of a joke from The Simpsons, where they had a poster for a concert of some kind - in big letters, they had the main act as a Moody Blues tribute band, and then underneath in small letters, the supporting act were The Moody Blues :D
  8. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Molly Hatchet... My band opened for them at a festival back in 2001..
  9. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I went out with friends one night to see and Australisn artist named Ian Moss. His band "Cold Chisel" were HUGE in Australia. There would have been maybe 30 people in the room.

At the pub around the corner and within walking distance, a "Cold Chisel" cover band were playing to a packed pub of 300 people.
  10. King Crimson's only original member if Robert Fripp (Who is right now thinking about quitting...)
  11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Anyone else think the remaining members of the Who and the Beatles should hook up and tour? :)
  12. CKYBassist

Nov 28, 2002
    Opeth doesn't have any original members. Not like it matters much.
  13. Aren't Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band touring without Captain Beefheart? :confused:
  14. Canadian icons April Wine are still touring North America, and although the current lineup includes guys who were all with them at some point in their heyday (70's and early 80's), only Myles Goodwin is an original member.
  15. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Traffic - You'll have to take this one up with the big guy upstairs!

Temptations - Same deal. Also they filed a suit against Dennis Edwards, so he can't use the name or even say "Formally of...."
  16. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!

LMAO!!!!!! :D