Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bands new demo.. criticism wanted

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Godhead'sLament, Jan 4, 2006.

1. we just finished the recordings of our new demo. :bassist: I would like to hear what you think about it (songs and sound), if you care to elaborate what you think that would be great.. the music is some kind of death/thrash metal. you could help me label it to..

you con downoad the five songs here.
    http://delusive.se/mp3/new/

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Productionwise; pretty darn good, the kickdrum sounds a bit "cardboardy" to me sometimes, other than that, good sound. I don't hear a lot of bass, but maybe you are syncing the guitars.

Musicalwise; it reminds me of Arch Enemy (which is good!), maybe a bit more technical with the blastbeats and stuff. Some of the "chunky" stuff and the breaks could be a bit tighter, but without knowing how this was recorded and how long you guys have been playing, I'd say this is very good in it's genre. It lacks a original approach to the genre to be excellent. I've heard this kind of music before, but that doesn't mean it's bad music, and maybe it's not your goal to be innovative.

Hope this helps.

oh, Sweden, I see ;) :D

3. slapcracklepop

slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Wow the production is amazing, how'd you record it?

I agree with the comment above me, the kickdrum does sound a little odd. The rest is great stuff though, keep it up..

4. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    Ahhhhhh, Dark metal gotta love it.... Cool stuff man.. The bass drum did sound a bit on the sloppy side... did he use triggers? Excellent mix. I would have cranked the bass alil more. Keep it up..... it Rawks!

5. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    err, Dark Metal?

Melodic Death-Thrash that is ;)

6. Thanks for the comments guys.. it is recorded add on style.. drums first then bass, then guitars and last vocals.. the recording took aprox 4 days.. and we are not the most skilled band.. we've been playing for about 5 years. whith more time it would have been tighter..

yes the drums is triggered and miced.. the bass is lined through an mxr m-80. and the guitars is recorded through an laney Gh-100L.

7. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    Some folks call it black metal as well
    But er..... yea... dark metal.