bands that sound like

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bassgiant15, Feb 3, 2006.

1. bassgiant15

bassgiant15 Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2005
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    Hello bassplayers,
    Just wanting to see if anyone can suggest some bands that are along the same lines as Infectious Grooves and RHCPs? Just looking for some music with the same energy and feel. Thanks.
  2. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Try some of the early Incubus stuff.
  3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yep, EARLY Incubus is great... also, check out Mr. Bungle/Faith No More... the bands they ripped off.
  4. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Might also check out Corey Glover (Living Colour) and T.M. Stevens. T.M Steven has a cool MySpace page with some tunes up on it, so does Corey Glover.
  5. Damn. I was gonna say Incubus too, you beat me to it. Their first album is a lot like RHCP, but a little heavier.
  6. +1,000
  7. +2000!
    I still maintain that FNM's "The Real Thing" is one of the greatest records ever.
  8. mike patton is a copleate musical genious. i love every single one of his bands.

fun fact he wasn't the frist lead singer of faith no more

9. Chuck Mosely, I actually like his vocals.
  10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I don't know what confuses me more, this comment or the fact that you only have 1,759 posts.... I coulda swore you were in the 5000s.

11. It's only the deceptive black spell I cast on you. You know I'm a shaman right?
  12. Indeed, although I do feel he was the better ;) "Faster Disco" from Introduce Yourself is a gloriously beautiful piece of music though, and the rest of the album is pretty damn funky also. But The Real Thing.... woah. :)