Bands that use the Digitech Whammy

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Matt Till, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Not narrowing it down to bassist... though bassist are a plus. I like to hear the Whammy in action, I'd like to own one, but it's very low on the priority list.

The only examples I can think of offhand are Prong on the Rude Awakening album, and Pantera's last release.

Sorry to write Don't say Tool/RATM/Audioslave big and in the headline is because whenever I say something like that inside the thread, people ignore it. Example: In my "Music that sounds like drugs" thread, I said "No Mars Volta" and after that I got 2 (or more) posts telling me how awesome the Mars Volta are....
  2. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Sorry, you were kinda asking for it...:)
  3. If you search for "Whammy" in the database you get lots and lots of guitarrists who have used it
  4. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey or something similar Reed Mathis there bassist uses a whammy
  5. p58

Dec 17, 2005
    doug wimbish use whammy a lot- you can find it on records of his various bands as living colour (albums pride and colleydoscope), junglefunk, headfake.
  6. lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    TM stevens has one, muse also but i'ts only the guitar player, and of course, Korn on guitar
  7. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Johnny Greenwood from Radiohead uses a Whammy quite a bit.On guitar of course.I think Mike Einziger of Incubus uses one now too.Not sure
  8. Maverick Blues

Maverick Blues Being a Thumper is all about ATTITUDE!

Apr 28, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    I believe I'm hearing one from both Steve Vai and Joe Satriani on the newest G3 DVD release.

9. D.A.R.K.

Aug 20, 2003
    john paul jones uses them quite a bit. check out zooma.