Bands you wish would just dissappear!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Albino_Ryno, May 1, 2001.

1. Albino_Ryno

Albino_Ryno Guest

Sep 17, 2000
    Knoxville TN
    Kinda on the same line of thought as my other post. What bands out there do you wish would just dissappear? I'd have to say some that really irritate me would have to be the goo goo dolls, or slipknot. Goo goo dolls are too simplistic and Slipknot just makes noise. Anyways, just tell me what you guys think.
  2. Joe R

Joe R

Nov 4, 2000
    Wenatchee WA. USA
    How about all those so called bands, If no one in the band doesn't play an instrument its not a band Lead Singers not included, Backstreet Boys, Nsync, O town, 98' degrees, Eminem, Just a waste of time and 14 year old girls mental state.
  3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Blink 182. They're like the Back Street, N*Sync of pop rock.
  4. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Can I just vote for modern rap (which I'm sure there might be some good stuff, but not the macho-male-bravado-money-and-women crap), metal, and hard rock.

Okay, John Tesh gets a nod, as does Kenny G.

Let's get rid of REM and U2, they're tired and boring to me now. Um, I know I can think of more.
  5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    crazytown. I wish they would find new lives as mimes.
  6. duff_hodges

May 15, 2000
    Suffolk, UK
    Limpbizkit (not quite sure about the spelling!!)
    All these manufactured boy groups
  7. Jennifer

Jul 31, 2000
    Erie, Illinois
    No, jazzbo, you can't. You can only pick one. Make sure you pick the right one....... :D
  8. Tyler Dupont

Tyler Dupont Wesly Headpush

I'd have to go with all the boy/girl bands, limp bizkit, crazy town ... as for slipknot no. I like slipknot .. they are actually pretty talented.. if you listen to some other stuff that isn't on the current album you'll find that they are pretty versatile. Check out "Do nothing bitchslap" jazzbo :D .. there's a bit of noise in it.. but also some jazz and funk. It probably won't change your opinion of them but, you might give them a bit more credit. I'll admit I can't listen to slipknot all the time as it gets annoying but the same goes for most metal bands I listen to.

9. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Torture. Um....if I pick rap, does that count the rap metal stuff? And what if a pop song has a rap in it, like "Thriller" or something like that? Aw jeez, this is VERY hard! Um...I'd probably go with rap, because even though I like more rap than I like metal or hard rock, there's more crappy rap than there is metal or whatever. Also, does the world need more misogyny?
  10. patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    As u probably know nothing about Oasis & i can tell you they are not a manufactured boy band! quite the opposite, i would know as i am from the UK, none of those bands are!
    I love Oasis so shut your stinking motuh you jippo new member!
  11. Tyler Dupont

I sense some ugliness brewing.
  12. Metallica!!!
    The Korrs (I don't even care if I spell their name right.)
    Pearl Jam(The only good thing about them is Ament and Cameron.)
    Lil' Kim(skeezer)
    Fred Durst
    All the "Gangsta Rap"
    The list goeson...
  13. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    I'm going to have to say Powerman 5000 and Eminem. I used to like PM5K, but all their stuff starts to sound the same after a while. Eminem may be talented, for what he does, but is full of himself and tries too hard to get people to be afraid of him.
  14. Tyler Dupont

are you serious bassheavy ? you can't be *scratches his head* if you are, can you explain a bit more ?
  15. I agree with wanting Dream Theater to go away.They do nothing but wank on their instruments.
  16. Yeah, I agree with loop22, what could you have against Weather Report?

About what jazzbo was saying, what's wrong with REM and U2 being old?

This probably wasn't the best idea of a thread, pitting everyone's opinions against each other.
  17. Tyler Dupont

I'm not familiar with weather report so I have no comment. As for dream theatre wanking.. I agree, but I like to listen to stuff like that to see how far people can push the technicality of music(I'm not saying you should though :) ). As for the flecktones.. alot of wanking goes on with them too and yet you like them ?
  18. -boy groups (nsync, bsb, blablahblah)

-girl singers (moore, spears, etc.)

-no talent rappers (EXCLUDING public enemy,
    tupac, run dmc, naughty by nature, tippa irie, there's more)

-no, scratch that, just gwen stefani should go away. i hadda nuff of her crap

-blink 182, fenix tx, new found glory, all the other blink clones

-limp bizkit, korn, papa roach, and SLIPKNOT is a disgrace to all iowans
  19. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    It's not that when you've been around for awhile you're no good anymore, I just feel that there music has lost a certain punch that it used to have. What little of their respective new albums I've heard, just seems like there music has taken a direction with less fire. Just an opinion though.

Also, sorry about the rap, metal, and rock thing. Again, just my opinion.
  20. Dude, I think he was saying Oasis and manufactured boy bands.