Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Achesk8er, Mar 24, 2002.

1. Achesk8er

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm already in a band but we never practise and it's boring. We never work on anything and haven't had a practice in months. If there are any bands needing a bass player in the boston area could you please reply to this? Thanks.
  2. definately the wrong forum dude :)
  3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Like AllodoX said.

4. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    If you're not happy with your situation, sit down and discuss it with the other band members. Find out what their goals are and how they think they are going to achieve them, without having to work at it. Explain to them that you have bigger things in mind and if they're not down with that, you are going to move on. Be polite about it and don't let it turn into a shouting match. Simply tell them how you feel. If you have already done that and it hasn't accomplished anything, it's definitely time to find something else. My recommendation: Don't stick around with these loozas until you find something better, get out now! Hanging around with these guys until you find what you're looking for could leave you bitter about bands, playing the bass and playing music for a living.
  5. RyKnoz

Dec 22, 2001
    Come down 2 New York!!!
    I'm making a band with 4 bass players, the more the merrier!!!:D
  6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I don't know about wrong forum - wrong board!! I mean why come to a bass players board to look for a band?

You want to go to a guitarist/keyboard/singer forum and ask if they need a bass player - if we knew about a good gig we would take it ourselves!! ;)