1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bang Records - The Bert Berns Story Documentary Film

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Richland123, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Bang Records - The Bert Berns Story Documentary Film

Over a prolific seven years, the songwriter and producer Bert Berns was responsible for classics like “Piece of My Heart,” “Under the Boardwalk” and “Twist and Shout,” while also launching the careers of Van Morrison and Neil Diamond. His son, Brett, together with Bob Sarles, relates his colorful story, which stretches from the Bronx to Cuba, the Brill Building and Atlantic Records to Berns’s own successful record labels, "Bang and Shout." Brett and Bob visit us to speak on their film, "Bang! The Bert Berns Story."

1. BANG! released globally today on Apple Music, and next Friday it's available for rent or purchase on iTunes Movies. Big thanks to everyone who helped make this happen!
      Applemusic.com/bertberns

Welcome

Here is an interview about the film

JimK and Oddly like this.
  2. Wood and Wire

Wood and Wire

Jul 15, 2017
    Overdue!

3. Oddly

Oddly Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    I'll admit I'd never heard of the guy...but this sounds really interesting.
    I'll be chasing it down for sure.

4. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

His legacy and influence reaches from the Isley Brothers and Solomon Burke to The Beatles, Stones, Led Zeppelin, Janis Joplin, even Bow Wow Wow. As a writer, he’s up there with Lieber/Stoller and Bacharach, not to mention Goffin/King, Mann/Weil, and Spector. I saw this in a theater last spring, utterly facinating.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018