Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bangkok

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Phat Ham, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I'm going to Bangkok for a week over winter break with my family and was wondering if anyone knows good places to see. Keep in mind I'm going to be there with my family, so no naughty stuff;)

2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Then what's the point of going?

3. Phat Ham,

Bangkok is a very busy and overcrowded city. The traffic jams are the worst I’ve seen anywhere.
    I now live in Thailand, but only go to BKK when I have to. Saying that, it is definitely worth having a couple of days there.
    The Grand Palace is definitely worth a look, and you will be able to get a half day tour there from any of the hotels, or local agents. Plenty of other tours to take.

Have you thought about just spending a few days in BKK and then moving on to see some the beautiful countryside and culture? There should be plenty of two or even three centre package holidays from your local travel agent.

If you make it to Pattaya, give me a mail and we could have a beer or two, although the main centre is not the place to bring the family unless they are very broad minded.

And Kong is right, very cheap to live here in comparison with most places.

Cheers,
    Mike.

4. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

You know - I was gonna suggest that he should drop you a line!

How's the settling in in Thailand going?:)

5. Hi Johnny,
    Good to hear from you.,
    Yes, settled in very well thank you.
    Posted a thread a week or so ago, but very little response so far.
    But never mind, once gone twice forgotten, Lol.
    Fact of life.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Go to some cool beach locale and after that head up to Chiang Mai in the mountains. Nice little town with PERFECT weather during the US winter. Thailand is fun and soooo cheap. Great food and the consistently the most courteous culture I've ever met. That's from my limited experience. I didn't spend much time in Bangkok but I've heard from many people that there are better places to hit in Thailand.

brad cook