1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bangtower - Percy Jones

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Rich L, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Rich L

Rich L

May 17, 2006
    Ft Myers, FL
    Only in the past few years did I discover what a monster Percy Jones is. His latest project, Bangtower, does not disappoint. "Casting Shadows" is their new CD and I just downloaded off of iTunes a few days ago. Very cool instrumental power trio format highlighted by Percy's unmistakable fretless tone. Highly recommended listening!

2. thudfromafar

thudfromafar Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Thanks for the recommendation! Percy Jones is my favorite bass player of all time. I will definitely check it out.

3. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    Purchased - thanks for the heads up

A very Brand Xish effort- which is great!:hyper:

4. MixBass

MixBass

Feb 23, 2006
    L.A. Harbor
    Co-founder. GrabAxe
    Always a bump for Percy, one of the true innovators and good guy as well. I'll check it out.

5. Gotta get it!

Haven't heard from him in awhile... great player and his tone is enviable!!!

6. Jon Pomplin

Jon Pomplin

Mar 23, 2001
    Chicago
    Thanks for the great feedback on the BangTower release. ;)

Anyone on Talkbass that is interested and hasn't purchased a copy yet, use the discount code TALKBASS for either 10% off at the BangTower digital BANDCAMP store OR $1.00 off at the Declassified Records BANGTOWER store. :hyper:
    These are only good until 12:00am Monday August 1, 2011
    :bag:

Visit the BangTower Homepage web site to order and get updated information (like upcoming shows). :bassist:
    Jon Pomplin
    Declassified Records
    BANGTOWER
    (Visit my TALKBASS feature interview from 10 years ago)

7. Jon Pomplin

Jon Pomplin

Mar 23, 2001
    Chicago
    Progressive rock/fusion ensemble BangTower, in association with Pig Light Show and Declassified Records, are releasing several new music video's in preparation for the forthcoming 2012 tour.
    In addition to celebrated bassist Percy Jones :bassist: , who is also known for his work with Brand X , BangTower also features Grammy Award winning guitarist, engineer and producer Neil Citron and drum virtuoso Walter Garces, who also performs with '60s psychedelic marvels The Electric Prunes. :cool:

The video for BBA (HD) was filmed during the recent 2012 tour rehearsals in LA and featurs Percy along with Neil, Walter and guest guitarist Gary Crite. The other videos were created by Marc Rubinstein of the world famous Pig Light Show. Enjoy!
    bangtower's Channel - YouTube

BangTower Homepage
    :hyper:

Thanks
    Jon

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021