1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Barber Linden EQ Power Supply

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by timbros, Jul 31, 2012.

1. timbros

timbros

Jan 2, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    Hello everyone,

Might be a dumb question, but I did some searching on the internet, TB, and emailed Barber electronics and can't seem to find the answer (though its only been a couple of days on the email). Sorry if this has been covered before.

I have a Barber Linden EQ and enjoy using it very much. However I hate changing the battery. The solution.....a power supply.

I understand that the power supply needs to be 9V Negative Tip and 40 mA. However I can't seem to find a power supply that fits the bill. Seems like everything is 300 mA or higher.

I don't use a lot of pedals, nor do I have much experience in choosing the correct power supply, so finding the appropriate one seems to be a chore. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated!

Take Care,
    Timbros.

2. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I am not an electrical engineer... however, my understanding is that the mA is the draw available for the pedal i.e. it requires >40mA to function properly. So long as the voltage and tip are correct, if the amps are sufficient, it will take what it needs.

3. The power supply rating is the maximum draw it is capable of. Your pedal will work with any supply that gives at least 40 mA.

4. timbros

timbros

Jan 2, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    Thank you for the quick lesson in pedal power 101!

Take care,
    Timbros.