1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Barber Linden EQ

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by caeman, Dec 12, 2011.

1. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    New Pedal Day!

I purchased a Barber Linden EQ from a fellow TBer. It arrived today and I have had 15 minutes to try it out. Based just on this brief experience, I like what it does for my short-scale Gretsch and it's humbucker.

I am currently running the following config:
    Tuner -> Linden EQ -> Barber Launch Pad

BarberFXBoard.

I am running both outputs of the Launch Pad into the mixer board to more thicken the sound.

{Sound demo forthcoming}

At least in my bigger speakers, I can notice a difference in some of the sound. It tames the humbucker very well and gives my G2202 a nice sound.

2. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    Rats. The file didn't render and upload correctly. Sorry about that. I will fix it tonight.

Okay, here we go. I accidentally soloed another channel. Duh.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11288697

Here is a quick and dirty sound test in 4 stages:
    1. Straight to mixer board
    2. just Launch Pad on
    3. just Linden EQ on (switch up, bass push noon)
    4. Linden EQ (switch up, bass push noon)+ Launch Pad
    5. Linden EQ (switch up, bass pull 3:00) + LP

3. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    I was playing around some more with the Linden EQ tonight and I think I have definitely found my MXR EQ replacement. Later this week, I will combine it with my FEA Growler.