1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

barber shops?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eli M., May 6, 2006.

1. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    I'm living in New York City this summer and I need to find a barber shop in the vicinity of the East Village. Can anyone who might live in the area recommend a good one?

I have two interviews on Monday and I don't want to look unkempt! :help:

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Hmm, in that area, you may have to go to a Supercuts type place. I'd send you to my guy, but he's on Ave. D in Flatbush.

3. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Totally unrelated, but I have my barber come to my house. Most people think that's very weird or expensive, but if your family gets their hair cut at once, it actually works out quite nicely. The added fee more or less equals the cost of everyone having to drive to the barber. You will also save a lot of time. My barber does a lot of this housecall work, as it allows her to make a lot of money under the table.

4. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    I did it! I did a Google search for "barber shops" "east village" and came up with some site with a list of places. The first two were closed, so I went into the third one and got a haircut.

5. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    That's an interesting way to go about it. It would sure cut down a lot of overhead on the barber's part.

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Wow, that's a pun and a half.

7. the real trick to finding a good haircut is to find a girlfriend...my girlfriend cuts my hair, and does it for free...thats my favorite part about it :)

8. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I but my own hair, BTW, but now that I am growing it out, i may have to go get it done.