First off, let me say that this thread is not intended to be political, but if I goes that way, I'd be happy for the Mods to come along and stamp on it. I was just watching the news and saw that a large, international toy company have just recalled 9 million units of various toys, due to some being covered with lead-based paints (fair enough) and the others because they contain (and I paraphrase here); "small magnets which may become dislodged from the toy and ingested by a child" The rationale given by the safety commission, was that if two or more of these magnets were forcibly removed from the toy and swallowed by a child, they could potentially be attracted to each other inside the childs intestine and cause internal bleeding etc. Now, obviously, no sane person would want that to happen, BUT .... Just how likely is that? The spokesperson for the safety commission (sorry, don't remeber exactly what they were called), already pointed out that there were no existing cases of this having happened, either in the USA (from where the toys have just been banned), or from China (where the toys were originally made and presumably have also been marketed)!? My reaction was ... ***? Has the world gone mad, or is this simply politics at work? Surely, just about anything can be harmful to an inquisitve 3 year old, why pick on something so "abstract" as a bizarre combination of multiple magnet ingestion? Think about it - there are far more harmful things that a child could put down its' throat, which would cause choking, massive internal bleeding etc., but which aren't banned (plastic building bricks, small toy cars/soldiers etc.) Am I the only one who's missing the point here? What do you folks think?