Barbra Streisand can't stand her own music!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Blackbird, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
  2. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

This would have been a perfect addition to the
    'Horrible Profane Confessions of Wussy bassplayers secretly enjoying listening to Elevator Music' thread!

At least she and I agree on something ... I find her horribly boring as well.

Maybe she should find a new bass player, listening to Carol Kaye all the time can't
    help the boredom factor. :p
  3. Wow...I never thought I would ever agree with her...:eek:
  4. Isn't that like owning a restaurant, and then telling people that you'd never eat in your own place because the food stinks? :confused:

I think Barbra is confused.

Mike :rolleyes:
  5. Thor

I think it is more like you owning a restaurant and telling people you hate potatoes ...;)
  6. :D

I could never betray my beloved spuds! :bawl:

Mike :D
  7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Babs needs more carrots.
  8. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    all i can say is... fair enough. :eek: :D
  9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I think it's more along the lines of owning a restaurant and having to eat all your meals there.

Could you imagine if the CEO of McDonald's weren't allowed to eat anywhere else?;)
  10. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Maybe if Barb had the chutzpah to perform different music she wouldn't hate performing so much. Maybe stretch her repetoire a bit, or even do a few improvs every night. Prog Barb?
  11. Thor

The last Mac's Ceo's that ever ate at Macs were Ray Kroc and his protogee Fred Turner.

If the new executives of MacDonald's ever ATE there, they would turn it around from the
    failing chain it is now.

Bad food, bad service, and filthy washrooms, Ugghhh!

And they WONDER why their customer counts are down.

I saw a lady who looked just like Carol Kaye behind the Mac's counter the other day. She was doing the Bass for the fish sandwich, but maybe it was 'Just my Imagination' runnin' away with me...

Let's talk about My Jewels and how much he luvs Babs. he wants to @#@$%&# her nose ....
    and sing her a lullabye...
    oh MY !!

Lyons and Tigers and Babs
    Oh My!
  12. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    Did you know that Danny Carey (drummer, Tool) used to play drums for Carol Kaye? :eek:

I'd like to go on record stating that I'm not as big of a Tool fan as I may seem to be. I listen to Sigur Ros and Portishead a lot more.
  13. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    My mommy looks like Barbara Streisand, and her name is Barbara too..

But yes, i get boreed listening to her too.
  14. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Maybe Babs needs to go Goth or something. Y'know stretch out the muzakul horizons and such.

"Send in The Insane Clown(s) Posse"
  15. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Is anyone else suddenly thinking of the South Park eposide where Barbera was portrayed as a giant evil monster. Silly but funny.
  16. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Seems pretty common to me. Captain Beefheart once described rehearsing his old material before each tour like having to swallow his own vomit.

Don't you ever get bored playing the same songs over and over gig after gig? I know I do.

If it's a song that doesn't really grab me anyway, after playing it 3000 times when the band is having an off night I'd rather get a root canal than play that song the 3001st time.

Why do you suppose so many players talk about hating to do songs like "Mustang Sally", "Brown Eyed Girl" or "Girl From Impanema"'s just hard to get excited about doing it one more time.

Of course, that's what separates the real pros from the wannabes...they get up and perform the warhorses like it was the first time they played them.

Mike :p
  18. I worked at a place like that once. It's now the foundation of a shiny new office block, so you don't have to worry about eating there by accident.

Hopefully someone will come along and similarly gentrify Babs' back catalogue...
  19. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    I never thought she and I would have similar tastes in music. ;)