Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Barclay James Harvest

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Winston TK, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Winston TK

Winston TK Hairpiece Adventurer

Oct 8, 2001
    Burnaby, BC Canada
    I'm forcing myself to get into some progressive rock that I have never really heard of before. Very recently, I purchased the album, "Dark Matter", from the UK band, IQ. I can hardly wait to get this from Amazon and give it a listen.

The other band I'm really getting into now is Barclay James Harvest. I own their DVD entitled "Caught Live" which features a documentary of the band on tour in 1977 (pretty much their heyday). I love what I've seen and heard so far.

Instrumental prowess isn't too earthshattering. But, the songs (and, especially the vocals) are superb. Just a great vibe overall, in my opinion.

Anyone out there a fan of this band? What are some of the must-have recordings? I just bought their "Turn Of The Tide" CD online. I'm looking forward to checking it out. I also just picked up their paperback biography. I'm sure there will be all kinds of great tidbits in there.

2. PeppermanL2K

PeppermanL2K ...and on the 8th day, God created the Habanero.

Feb 3, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    I've got XII. The only BJH that I've heard, actually, and I really like it. Very melodic and 'floyd-ish' in approach. But, very different from 'floyd'. Check out XII. It's 'zone-out-errific'!