1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bare Concepts VFB-2 volume issue

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bovine mind, Apr 3, 2009.

1. bovine mind

bovine mind

Jun 17, 2008
    San Francisco
    the blend knob on my VFB-2 is acting strangely. when i turn it all the way to the right [ 100% ] it cuts the volume down to an almost inaudible signal.

to boost my signal back i have a guyatone BL-2 with the volume knob maxed and a chrome morley power wah set to the toe down position as it functions as a huge volume boost with the fuzz and wah disengaged. both are in the loop of the barge. i can barely hear anything unless i have both pedals boosted this way. the more i turn the knob to the left, the more i hear my clean signal, to full volume when set completely counter clockwise.

my pedalboard in order:

stingray 4 [fresh battery ] >

korg tuner
    input on the VFB-2
    SEND >

ISP decimator
    guyatone BL2
    EHX bass micro synth
    boss PS5
    boss PS3
    boss ODB3
    watson superfuzz