Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bare Naked Ladies Bassist?

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Whats the name of the Bassist in the Bare Naked Ladies. I think he is a great double bassist with an original idea in that he plays for a rock band. And another question, are there any other bands out there like Bare Naked ladies that have a double bassist?

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Jim Creeggan, the bassist of the Barenaked Ladies? Never heard of him. Google is a wonderful tool.

Nope, BNL is the only gig there has ever been for The Bass. We're all waiting in line.

3. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    Stray Cats?
    (is it in the same category?)
    I must admit I don't know anything about the BNL...

4. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    They had some success with a tune called 'If I Had a Million Dollars' or something like that. They're using this tune now to advertise the New York state lottery and I've really grown tired of the damned little ditty.

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    if you guys get a chance, get their greatest hits album. lots of great bass playing on it, upright and electric. he can definitely outgroove most electric players on upright.

6. dumnut

dumnut

Oct 6, 2002
    Victoria, BC
    I remember him doing a solo spot the first time I saw BNL live. He did some medley on an electric upright. The only part that still sticks out in my mind is him bowing the guitar line to Iron Man by Black Sabbath. All I remember of his other solo spots at later shows is that they were good, but none of the others stick out in my mind at the moment. I have yet to hear him with The Brothers Creeggan, with his brother Andrew. Anyone heard anything by them?

7. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    Jason, Andrew (Andy) must agree with you he left BNL to study composition at McGill in Montreal for 5 yrs.

I thought I heard he was a little overwhelmed by all the BNL attention and success and couldn't handle it also.

8. lermgalieu

lermgalieu Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I've heard the bros creegan cd and I must say its some really interesting nice sounding stuff. And I am more like a BNL hater than anything, so there you go.

9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

The Living End plays pretty straight-ahead punk, unlike BNL. But their bassist, Scott Owen, is a doubler with some pretty serious thump, (he uses two SVT-4 Pro's)

[​IMG]