Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Barefaced Audio 69er

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mosfed, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Mosfed

Mosfed Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Apr 21, 2013
    Mont Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    So I have a 1972 Ampeg SVT that I have been searching for the right cab for a long time. I simply don't have the capability to lug a 8x10 around but whenever we would get a sealed 8x10 in backline, I would again realize just what I was missing.

I have tried Ampeg and other makers (swr and bergantino) 4x10s, 2x 4x10, 2x sealed 4x10s, svt 610hlf and just could never get that sound. I felt like every option was very muddy and lacking definition.

Then last week, Barefaced Audio delivered my brand new 69er. 6x10, light as a feather for what it is (24kg /53 lbs), tilt back casters, and just perfect. I haven't been this happy with a cab ever. I think it's louder than an Ampeg 810 at 102db sensitive and nearly a 1/3rd as heavy. I also couldn't get my svt past 9pm though blowing the doors off the place and we play pretty loud. My bandmates were totally blown away. And the arguments about how I really should be able to lug around an 810 finally quieted down.

I can't believe how happy I am with it.

Thank you Alex. My search is finally over. Now does anyone need any bass cabs. I have some extras on hand!

http://barefacedbass.com/product-range/69er.htm

2. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Talking Rock GA
    OEM Manufacturing Supplier
  3. Register_To_Disable