1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Barefaced Super Compact for pickup in Montreal

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by lomo, Oct 25, 2017.

1. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Price:
    Barefaced Super Compact 12" super cab with vintage cloth grille and Barefaced cover. Cab is in superb shape with no dings, rips, tears or issues, maybe some discoloration on the bottom if you get close enough to lick it. Cover has some "feline fraying" but no holes and works perfectly. I will not ship. Available for pickup in Montreal for $950 CDN cash and carry, including complementary adult beverage while you try it out. Price is FIRM. Since the cab costs more in Canada, it's not worth it for me to ship it or sell to the US. I'd rather keep it than take that hit. This is a superbly engineered cab that gets into the conventional 410 volume/ low end range at an uber svelte 21 lbs. The current new cost delivered to Canada is $1049 for the cab + $123 for the cover +%15 tax plus duty. If you want the wheeled, 300lb capacity dolly in the pics, it's an extra $35. Might consider partial trades for a Mesa Walkabout, MP600 or Carbine head, PJB combo, Genzler 350 head or EHX Bass Microsynth.

Specs here:

Barefaced Bass - Super Compact

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  2. Altib

Altib

Oct 26, 2017
    Hi
    Q: i am actually using 1 x aguilar gs112 (350w) and 1 x EA 112 (400w) with my
    Genz Benz 6.2 (375w in 8 and 600w in 4 ohms).
    I am not a gigging musician just been jamming for 35 years with the same bunch of friends.
    I would like to reduce my gear to just one speaker cab knowing that it gets pretty crazy on the porch outside
    or in my home studio (more like a basement with carpets!)
    Do you think this cab could do? And would the sound be to clear (not enough deep bass)?
    Using a 4 Pbass and 5 strings Simoneau bass with pedals.

Thanks for your insite!

3. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Trending in no particular direction Supporting Member

Hmm. It's only a 6.5 hour drive to Mtl ......
    One way

dave64o likes this.
  4. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    This cab will produce as much clear, low bass as you want. Think of having almost the output capacity of a top quality 410 (in terms of both volume and low end projection) in a smaller box weighing <25 lbs.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  5. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    ....a long haul....but then there's the cab and the smoked meat and the ladies.....normally I would add the Habs to that list, but at this moment I must sadly admit you'd be better off in the 416 area code as far as puck goes :)

6. If only you were closer....

Pbassmanca likes this.
  7. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I have one just like it, can't imagine any other 21 pound box having the impact, versatility, tonefulness, and sheer volume this thing has! Buy it, feed it a clean 500 watts, save your back and own the world.

lomo likes this.
  8. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Yeah...it's a bunker buster packed into the size of an M-80 :)

9. PMs exchanged. Dibs on this cab! I'm gonna grab it as soon as I can get there. :^)

10. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Like the man said....deal pending.....

11. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    Say it ain’t so :( !

12. Altib

Altib