Barefaced Super Midget available for trial and review

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rickwolff, Jan 17, 2018.

1. rickwolff

rickwolff The Accidental Impresario Supporting Member

Help me review this cab.

Alex of Barefaced Bass was kind enough to send me a new Super Midget for REVIEW PURPOSES. I have blogged about it here: BAREFACED SUPER MIDGET...The Gear Junkie Review

Alex would like to give more bassists a chance to try out this incredible cab - the only requirement is that you post about your experiences here on Talkbass. (Also, if you are not local you would pay shipping to you - BUT IT ONLY WEIGHS 21 POUNDS !!!)

It has custom black grill cloth and a 'hi-hat' speaker pole receiver.

Here is info about the cab from the Barefaced website: Barefaced Bass - Super Midget

Please respond to this thread if you are interested in trying this cab on your gig(s). As these are imported from England and typically have a wait-time for building, this is a great opportunity to try out a Barefaced Super Midget on your gigs.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    JGbassman, P_Robyn and S-Bigbottom like this.
  2. rickwolff

Raleigh/Durham Anyone ?????

saabfender likes this.
  3. The Wrench

The Wrench

Feb 13, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    I'd love to try it out. But I'm afraid of what comes next...

4. rickwolff

As Winston Churchill said: "We have nothing to fear but fear itself".

I'd love to have you try it and share your reaction. I am a double bass jazz player so I haven't been able to put it through it's Bass Guitar paces. I'll pm you my phone number. Give me a call.

Rick

5. rickwolff

by the way:

THE BAREFACED SUPER MIDGET WILL BE AT THE JAZZ JAM AT C GRACE ON GLENWOOD TONIGHT FROM 9-12.

6. rickwolff

Raleigh/Durham Bassists: Come to the JAM SESSION TONIGHT at C Grace on Glenwood. 9-12. Come and sit-in and try out the Barefaced Super Midget Cab.

7. Phlipper

Phlipper

Feb 5, 2013
    Fayetteville, NC
    Endorsing Artist: Used Fender Lead Sleds and Hartke cabs with bent grills
    Wish I was closer. Gigged around the Raleigh area for years. Good scene.

8. Darn, wish I would have found this earlier. My son is a grad student at NC State and also a bass player. He probably would have enjoyed this. Is the jam a weekly event?

9. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Dang. Hope your event went well. Kind of short notice for me.....

10. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. In Memoriam

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    If you happen to pass through Sitka, Alaska I would love to jam on that cab! :D

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  11. rickwolff

YES. THIS A (almost) WEEKLY EVENT. It's every Tuesday EXCEPT the first Tuesday of each month when the First Line Stompers play. It's 9-12. Also check www.CGraceBar.com .

12. Thanks. I will let him know about it if he doesn't already. He is working on his PhD in applied mathematics so he might enjoy going to some jams to keep his musical chops sharpened.

13. rickwolff

My friend, Gene Barrio, tried the Barefaced Super Midget on a gig last night. Here is what he had to say:

"The cabinet took a licking and overall perfromed excellent with surprising low end."

Gene told me further that 'it feels like a toy when you're carrying it in - it's so small and light. But when you plug it in you're blown away.'

svtb15 likes this.
  14. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Georgia
    Wish there was an opportunity like this in Atlanta with a Super Compact. I've been wanting to try one as a possible upgrade for my One10.

15. rickwolff

If you are willing to pay shipping which should be very low, I could send it down to you.

PM me if you'd like to chat and I'll call you.

16. I'd be interested in trying it out. I was considering ordering one blind but couldn't decide if the Super Midget is 'enough' for my gigs.

17. rickwolff

Anyone else, especially in Eastern US, let me know if you'd like to try this cab on your gigs for a couple weeks. Just shoot me a msg and I'll keep you posted. Thanks.

18. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    This is an amazing cab. I have one or if I didn’t I would take it in a heartbeat.

19. rickwolff

Cab is on its way to Kentucky for further review. Stay tuned.

20. Trivial but if you are going to quote, it is: “Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself” by Franklin D. Roosevelt.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022