1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Barenaked Ladies

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by cheesemonkey, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Anyone else enjoy listening to this band... I wish they would tour here in America more often but there all the way up there in canada

2. I'll take it as a no then

3. Love the Ladies !!!!
    Jim Cregan is awesome !!! Gordon in my all-time favorite cd !!!
    Saw them about 4 years ago . I like the acoustic -base stuff .

4. yay finally... aye i love em... well at least the stuff i heard. being how they are a canadian band and arn't that big down here in south US i don't know half there stuff but the 3 albums i do have awesome.

5. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Great band. Funny timing, I was just seeing if I could sing and play "If I had a Million Dollars" in a key that worked for me.

6. I love them. I have been enjoying every thing that I hear of theirs but I haven't gotten an album yet. It's gonna be soon though.

CB

7. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Absolutely! I love those guys! I've been listening to them since around '91 or '92. I've seen them live a bunch of times. I was at their concert in Buffalo when the year became 2000 (remember how crazy everyone got about that?!).

I enjoy everything they do. The more I listen, the more I love. It's cool to see Kevin playing a more active role in writing and being included on the more recent CD's.

I dig it when they all gather 'round the mic and do their acoustic thing too:
    [​IMG]

Joe

8. acleex38

acleex38

Jul 28, 2006
    Big fan - when I was playing a fretless acoustic as my main bass, Jim was a big influence on me as I tried to cop upright stuff.

9. Love em. Just love them. I went to see them in my mothers womb... that is to say, my mum went with me :)

10. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Love BNL.

What's up with the artwork on their last two records and their live DVD? It looks amateurish; really bad actually. Like the guy who drew the liger in Napoleon Dynamite. Their fantastic music deserves much better production value, it's embarrasing. The live DVD is great BTW.

11. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Stunt

Awesome CD top to bottom. Well-written tunes, words, music, etc.

12. my first cd was Stunt...fantastic group

13. You guys need to check out Gordon . Their first cd .
    When I want to hear some great bass playing , I put on Gordon . Trust me !!!

14. Wow. I misread the thread title. I was hoping to find something else here.

Just kiddin. I enjoy the BNL. Kind of a guilty pleasure.