Bargain alert - Yamaha BB 1500A for $499 at Musiciansfriend

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Michael Jewels, Aug 5, 2003.

1. I was just checking out some stuff at MF, and they're selling Yamaha BB1500A 4 stingers for $499! This bass lists for $1,149.00 and usually sells in the $800.00 range.

It says limited quantities, so if you're interested...

Musiciansfriend dot com, type in Yamaha bass in the search box, and you're there.

Happy hunting!

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    But Mike, that'd dip into the camera fund!
  3. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    They are now blowing them out at $199

I just ordered one because it was too good to pass up.
  4. Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY

You said it! I just ordered one too. Thanks for the 411, guys!

A word of warning: If you're interested - JUMP ON IT NOW!

From my own experience I can tell you that when MF cuts a price this deeply, it may not be there the next hour!

Carpe Yamaha BB1500A! :D

Mike ;)
  6. eqvolvorama

eqvolvorama Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    There! Just ordered one myself.

I return to Talkbass after a 3 year absence, and within seconds I've just blown a was of cash on a new bass I didn't need. I hate you guys.

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    If they were selling this bass originally for $799, then $499 & now they're giving them away for $199 I winder how much they bought them for from Yamaha because they are still making a profit from the $199.
  8. Not necessarily ... they probably made all the profit they needed on the inventory they had, and now need to get rid of them ... but its probably not below cost :D
  9. Ordered one just now. Curious to see how they are.

10. Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Welcome back. I really don't need it either if it's any consolation. :D

11. I just ordered mine. Thanks for the heads up!

My wife is gonna scream tho :p My new Essex will be here on Monday (I hope) and the Yamaha won't be too far behind.

12. yep, they are gone, item discontinued.

now I can go back to concentrating on that $5,000.00 dream guitar that Im going to buy with my dream money :D
  13. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    That is a STEAL!

Those BB1500A are very nice basses indeed and to get them for just under $200 is absurd.

For those of you who ordered them, remember to post pictures!
  14. I think they are all gone now.
  15. I've been wondering since I visited some Yamaha sites a few weeks back. There were pictures of BB1500:s, looking like the Michael Anthony models, only blue. So I clicked the picture, only to find a text dexcribing the old model, with pickguard et c, not the one pictured. So it seems to me as if the BB1500 A isn't really discontinued - by Yamaha at least - only redesigned. Quite sad, really.

Oh, and for $199, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. That price almost makes me wish I lived in the States.
  16. Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Has anyone that bought one of these tracked their shipment yet? Mine says 70lbs!? What the hell are did they pack it with...lead? :confused:

17. Aram, not to worry. It's always listed as being a very heavy box because a bass when shipped is considered very oversized. I shipped a bass in a case in May, and I had to go to the Post Office inside Kennedy airport, because that's the only Post Office that would ship that size box.(or so they told me)

The shipping should only be about $20 or so.

18. Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY

Yeah, shipping was cheap -- only like $12 actually...but it seems like an exhorbitant amt of weight. I got my MPG 6-string recently, and I think the shipped weight was like 26lbs, with a hard case.

Oh well...I'll find out this Thursday :cool:

19. You're welcome, Aram.

And all you guys that bought one post a review after you get your basses. Okay?