1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BARGE CONCEPTS fan content

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by koala mishmash, Dec 1, 2006.

1. koala mishmash

koala mishmash

Jul 17, 2006
    I bought a VFB feedback looper from these guys and somehow it got lost during shipment. I emailed them and recieved prompt and helpful emails. Because of the lost pedal, they put me a the top of the list and built me a new one right away, no questions asked! It should be here in a day or two.

all in all, it's nice to know that there are companies that still care about their customers! It's also nice to get an email back from a real person, not automated crap. Very helpful, I HIGHLY recommend these guys!!!!

:hyper: :hyper:

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    They are a fantastic company they built me a pedal I've been wanting for years.

I got a VFB but I got the feedback side taken out and have it similar to the xotic x-blend, so I can switch between the loop and the switch between blend and 100% wet. But the main thing for me was the built into it an impedance buffer so that I can use active basses with any fuzz pedals etc.

I'd approched every pedal builder I could find about the impedance buffer and they all refused to help me except Subdecay and Tone Factor who didn't have time to develop it but gave me the spec on the parts I would need so i could get it exactly how I wanted from Barge.

Excellent people.

3. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Another happy customer of a modded VFB-2 over here.

4. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    my first VFB2 was defective. before they even got the defective unit back, i'd received a brand new unit!! one word: whoa.

plus, the VFB2 is a fantastic piece of machinery.

add one more to the Barge Concepts uberfan club!

5. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    So I snuck a peak at your profile to see what pedals you were using it with, and saw the list of basses. Those Valenti's are gorgeous, and of course so is the ric. very nice.

How does the impedance buffer work for you and have you found it works on most pedals that like to be used with passive basses? If you don't mind my asking, what do you run it into?

Thanks

6. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    The impedance buffer is great, it doesn't affect anything it shouldn't, you know filters and things still sound amazing.

It just makes any fuzz that squeltched or squeeled due to active electronics work perfectly, it just gives it a constant impedance of what ever I set it with. So even if I play with a passive bass, which allows me to get the same sound out of a fuzz regardless of what bass I use.

I use one of the following Valenti Jazz, Valenti P4, Valenti P5, Rickenbacker or Modded MIM 62RI Fender Jazz into a wireless then into my board shown here.

3ymk5r7.

Then that out into either an EA Iamp600 or EA Iamp800 with 2 cxl112's

The signal chain is A/B box so I can use 2 basses or in my case my 2 wireless's - into the Custom Barge unit - In the loop of the Barge is goes Tonefactor Mule into Tonefactor Nebula into Tonefactor Huckleberry into Tonefactor 442 Filter - The then barge goes into the EBS comp set in multi band mode and then that goes into a Peterson Strobe O Stomp and then to a Tonefactor Eleven and then out to my amp.

Enjoy

7. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    Thanks!

Nice looking board too.

8. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    I just received my VFB-2 today. I started experimenting with it, and to say the least, the clean/effect blending is awesome! I haven't had a problem with it yet.

I haven't really experimented with the feedback loop yet, but I think it's going to be fun :bassist:

9. olaff421

olaff421

Sep 29, 2006
    Murfreesboro TN
    I am going to be ordering one of these in the next couple of weeks. From reading things on here, and on thier website, I can't wait to place the order. Not sure if I want a stock version, or if I could think up somthing else to do with it. I'm probly going to get one of thier comps too. Anyone had and experience with those?