1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Baringer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gary mitchell, Nov 7, 2019.

1. i found out baringer owns tc electronics now , is that good or bad you think. baringer does not have a very good reputation 67586636_499645470603798_995889726374281216_o.

2. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

that's apparently what some folks think. but depending on the piece of gear in question = you're thinking/bias/judgment is outdated and limiting.

behringer (music group), like almost all manufacturers: has had some duds. however, these days most products are competitive either on price, or quality, or both. some behringer products are 'world-class' standards --- 'go-to' pieces of kit.

if you keep up = you learn what sucks and what doesn't. it's a constantly evolving marketplace. but behringer makes some nice stuff.

3. lizardking837

lizardking837

Jan 28, 2009
    I feel as though Behringer punches above their weight. I have one of their solid state heads with a matching 4 x 10, and their ODB-3 clones. They perform very well.

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  4. It's been 4 years since they bought TC, any problems would have come to light by now.

5. promdates

promdates

Jun 2, 2019
    Considering how highly some people speak of TCe, I can't imagine they've had any issues since.

EatS1stBassist and LowActionHero like this.
  6. I believe Behringer purchased a competitor of good products (not unlike Fender with SWR/Genz Benz) which were regarded higher than their own in-house products. Assuming TC is left to operate/create as it did, where I believe Behringer may provide value is in manufacturing the goods at a better price.

7. I want their analog polyphonic synth really bad.

it sounds great.

8. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    I thought Behringer did...?

DirtDog, Pilgrim, DavC and 6 others like this.
  9. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    I never had any problems with behringer gear.
    I have a small 6 channels mixer for 20 years now that never gave me any troubles.
    I've recently bought a X-Air 16 and it's a great piece of gear that is up to its bigger Midas brother.
    I'm also drooling over their Model-D synth.
    As far as TC concerns, my main criticism is that you haven't seen that much inovaton in the TC pedals since Behringer took over. But the quality is still there as far as I know.

JRA likes this.
  10. Stan_da_man

Stan_da_man

Aug 29, 2006
    UK
    BEHRINGER. Thank you.

11. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

I personally think Behringer’s UV300 Ultra Vibrato is the single best vibrato pedal out there. And I came to that conclusion after trying out close to twenty different vibrato pedals in all price ranges. It easily holds its own against the BOSS VB-2 (and newer VB-2w) which is virtually the industry standard for a vibrato effect. The $200 price differential isn’t hard to swallow either. I bought two VB300s.

Same goes for their CC300 Chorus Space-C (now the TCE 3rd Dimension Chorus) which nails the sound of the BOSS DC-2 Dimension C for about $170 less.

wmhill likes this.
  12. JohnArnson

JohnArnson

May 28, 2019
    No they don't, Behringer does however. :p

Without knowing specifically how they run their business, to me it seems like Behringer are giving TC Electronic, as a successful and acclaimed company even before Behringer took over, fairly free terms to run their own business, just with the advantage of having a much larger and richer company at their back, plus, as TC Electronic in fact did, it gives them the opportunity to borrow from Behringer's back catalog of already, despite the general reputation it gets, and for the price, actually really good budget gear, improve some on the design and quality of it, and that way being able to offer a more budget friendly line of, still more than just decent, gear as well, without really having to put much effort or funds into extra new development, that way both providing a service to their customers and earning more money to put into development of their own main line of gear, which again also ought to be in the interest of their customers.

Generally speaking though I am not too fond of larger companies buying up smaller more innovative companies, but that is mainly because of the fact of what usually happens in such a situation, namely that the bigger company simply shuts down the bought up smaller innovative company and fire all it's employees, for the sole reason of getting rid of potential competition, not only screwing over the smaller company's employees (not only do they loose their jobs, but also loose the right to continue development of current projects they are involved in, some of which they helped innovate, which is basically stealing their intellectual property) and customers, but also, in the bigger perspective of things, hurting innovation as such on a much larger scale.

To me however that doesn't seem to be what Behringer have any intentions of doing with TC Electronic whatsoever, and as such I am perfectly fine with it, as long as it is still in both TC Electronic's and their customers's favor, which, as far as I can see, it seems to be.

I for one am very happy both with Behringer's ultra cheap, but, for the money, actually really good gear, and for TC Electronic's absolutely great, but yet still surprisingly affordable, gear.

Behringer and TC Electronic, to me, seems to be in a healthy relationship, and peace be with that, I am not complaining about getting more options for really good cheap budget gear from Behringer and absolutely great yet still surprisingly affordable gear from TC Electronic.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    Clark Dark and Iristone like this.
  13. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Even their house branded stuff has come a long way. According to a friend who does production in Nashville, the X-32 mixer has pretty much become the industry standard out there.

Never mind that the purchase of TC occured several years ago if I remember correctly. Surely problems would have arisen before now if there were going to be any.

14. crguti

crguti

Feb 14, 2011
    Scandinavia
    so it allows to say Jesus, but when I mention Satan it gets deleted.

15. John Cribbin

John Cribbin

Jan 5, 2018
    Your observation about Behringer's reputation may have had some truth to it several years ago.

Today they are a very good budget brand.

Iristone and DWBass like this.
  16. TheLowDown33

TheLowDown33 Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    NJ
    Had a deepmind 12 and can confirm it was fantastic for pads. UI is a bit cumbersome, but I'm not an avid synth nerd.

monsterthompson and FaithNoMan like this.
  17. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I did not like any of the Behringer effects that I have ever tried.

I do have a Behringer bass amp that is OK … but I use an ampeg instead

The attractive feature of Behringer is price

18. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Who's Baringer??? Guess you meant Behringer. However, Behringer has not acquired anything. That would be the parent entity of Music Group. Behringer is just one of the brands Music Group owns.

19. Gizmot

Gizmot

Mar 22, 2009
    Nashville area
    I have no respect whatsoever for Behringer as a brand or Music Group (even though I have good friends who work there). As some will remember, Behringer has been sued numerous times for literally copying the circuitry of other brand's products. All they've done is to copy the circuitry of other products AND to buy the companies of respectable brands like Tannoy, TC, Lab Gruppen, close down their factories and engineering, and move production to a large facility in China. If you buy one of their products and have a problem, I've heard horror stories about how poor their service and support is. I'm absolutely not interested in purchasing anything from their companies.

stambroker and Rabidhamster like this.
  20. MotorCityMinion

MotorCityMinion

Jun 15, 2017
    TC video demos used to in abundance. It seems like they've pulled back on the marketing lately and you don't hear much about them on TB these days. Is that a behringer strategy?